The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kylecanthurdle's 8g build

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 148
    kind of putting a short pause on the G in order to have time to work on the racecar. heres some progress of that since ive been putting some pics up here and there.

as of today shes on all 4 wheels, still gotta scale it up, bolt some lead because we replaced the steel tin in the back with aluminum. gotta get it lettered up(which is being done tomorrow) and a few other odds and ends.

i built the nose(3rd pic) from scratch. bent everything up, cut it out, shaped and formed it all. working sheet metal is notttt easy.

^^Brian's old intercooler? Looks good sitting in there.

That race car is crazy BTW. If you get any videos please post 'em up!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    ^^Brian's old intercooler? Looks good sitting in there.

That race car is crazy BTW. If you get any videos please post 'em up!
    you know it man, hadda snatch up that great deal. i think im gonna bring my gopro and my drivers gopro next weekend for practive to see how his lines are, ill get multi angles and edit together a nice video next weekend. just got it lettered up, have a few shots of it sent to me from my crew chief but i wanna get some thursday from my phone.

Sounds awesome, looking forward to progress on both machines!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Before::

After::

a little off topic, got the modified lettered up this week.

heres a video of one of the practice heats. if you watch it all the way through you can see me taking tire temps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHj8c-CYBI

rebuilt the calipers today. did a bunch of small stupid stuff but didnt really get any pictures of that. installed the intake mani, throttle body, injectors and fuel rail with all new gaskets and o-rings. installed the lower conrol arms. gotta sandblast the hubs and axle ends before i install those. still need to finish rebuilding my struts so i can get it on all 4 wheels again and roll it to my job. getting closer and closer by the day! =]

separated, labeled and simplified all the wires for the engine harness. my oh my this stuff is confusing. the 2nd pic is each connector separated from the harness and taped up for a nice little wire tuck. still need to do the same to the evo harness just to get the tps connector and injector connectors. also i still need to extend some ground, 12v power and 5v power wires. dont have any wire yet so once i do ill finalize the routing to the wires and tape it up and make a main harness.

Holy shit nice job

just make sure to meter the connector all the way back to the ecu pin to make sure 100% that it goes o the right pin lol.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Rotors came in today :)

Nice, I dig the color of the calipers too

That colour is so sick
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

thanks guys, gonna order the stickers in silver soon. been waiting on my buddy to sandblast my spindles and axle ends since they sat outside for a bit and i just ordered some monoball heims for my strut mounts from one of my sponsors for the racecar (FK Rod Ends). then i need tires and shes on all 4's again. god i cant wait for this car to be done! -__-

Sandblasting the axle why?? Its gonna rust again so its a waste.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Sandblasting the axle why?? Its gonna rust again so its a waste.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

They've just seen better days. Wanna clean up the splines and threads mainly just so they don't fight me going into spindles and transmission.

any updates?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

been busy with work, school, racing and karting. but its still sitting there waiting for me to get her to my job so i can work on her during my winter break. so very soon ill get her on the wheels and get her on my lift at work.

finally had a weekend where i was free and the girlfriend wasnt out visiting or i was karting. got the front end together, minus the axles, (never got around to blasting them but once i have everything at my job where my sandblaster is itll take 2 seconds and then ill install em up.) interior dash bar and steering column in to steer the car onto the flatbed and into the shop. gave her a much needed bath. and then i installed a seat just to get it out of my room haha. prob gonna go out in a little bit after i eat and make a nice list of stuff that needs to be done. but hopefully monday or wednesday ill be able to steal the flatbed from my buddy and get this thing to my job. school ends this week so my plan is to work on it at work afterhours for at least 2 hours a night. we all know how that works out though.

I feel your pain. My semester just ended and I wanna get everything done on the car so I can drive it and break the clutch in. Let's see how that goes.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast