The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 Galant ECU to 01-02?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon5 2000 Galant ECU to 01-02?

I have a few questions about changing out the ECU in my 2000 Galant ES 2.4l automatic trans. My ECU is bad and causing my immobilizer system not to communicate and is cutting off fuel and spark to the engine. I have been doing some research and have heard that I could replace my ECU with a 01-02 ECU and get a new camshaft reluctor, and reflash that ECU to my cars current ECU's settings, that my car would run again? And how would I go about disabling the Immobilizer within the ECU? Or could I just get the code and reprogram that into the ECU to work?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You should contact members Isaurio or SPD_FRK, they would know for sure anything you want to do and could also disable the immob

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 2000Galantboy View Post
    I have a few questions about changing out the ECU in my 2000 Galant ES 2.4l automatic trans. My ECU is bad and causing my immobilizer system not to communicate and is cutting off fuel and spark to the engine. I have been doing some research and have heard that I could replace my ECU with a 01-02 ECU and get a new camshaft reluctor, and reflash that ECU to my cars current ECU's settings, that my car would run again? And how would I go about disabling the Immobilizer within the ECU? Or could I just get the code and reprogram that into the ECU to work?

You can try this, no need to reprogram anything or disable any immobilizers, just plug and play.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Mitsubi...item43ab4f0c1e

I have a set just like this that I need to sell, (well my buddy needs to sell). We thought his
    ECU was bad so we got this so we didn't have to go to dealership to reflash the immobilizer, but it wasn't the problem, it had a bad tranny. So if interested let me know.