The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how is this possible

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

how is this possible

okay so before the winter I went to the local jy and picked up a dual piston set of front calipers. Painted and put them on the car then tossed my old calipers. I never put in pads car has been sitting. So i went out bought v6 rotors and pads and also got the spacers. I just went out to put the pads and stuff in since I'm trying to finish this for summer and I have the 4 cly brackets v6 calipers and rotors but no rubbing? The v6 has larger rotors shouldn't the mounting bracket be larger, shouldn't i be rubbing on the rotors? And for that matter would it make a difference if i used the 4 cyl. pads if all else fits what is the big deal aside for better clamping force = faster breaking.

what year are the v6 rotors? there was a redesign in late 2000 from dual piston to single piston on the V6 front brakes... if you have dual piston calipers, you need the 1999/early 2000 rotors and pads for the v6.

the v6 also ended up using the single piston calipers in 01+

if u check CAPS, the i4 and the v6 used the same rotor on select models, maybe its just a coincidence

well everything I picked up was for an 01 v6 just figured that I would keep it all the same year. However I believe they came off 02-03 v6and the new rotors were larger then the oem ones that i did have buy about an in. overall and like I said it all fits w/ the 4 cly mounting brackets so do you think I could use the 4cyl pads?

And my calipers are the dual piston.

ok so it looks like I must have 99-00 dp calipers since the pads look similar to the oem 4cly. and all the 6 cyl are listed with the same rotor size makes sense on why they fit right if using a larger rotor.