The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: INTERIOR...just throwing this out there

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

INTERIOR...just throwing this out there

Hey guys, I picked up a 94 LS and I just spent a ton of money on getting it resurrected after a 5 years of sitting. I'm low on funds now and there is some cosmetic stuff that it still needs. I'm just wondering if anyone out there may have some extra parts laying around that they wouldn't mind letting go instead of trashing them in the dumpster.

Driver door red lens. The one that turns on when the door opens.

Grey or blue Floor Mats. I dunno but I guess I'm a real car nut when it comes to that stuff. I like to see original floor mats in cars. Right now I got freakin Tweety Bird rubber mats that drive me crazy.

I'm willing to pay a couple of bucks and for shipping.

Thanks guys.

your best bet is your locak j/y or dealership if you cant find anyone with spare parts

Thanks I tried the local J/Y and they wont sell just the lens they wante $80 dollars for the entire door panel. Haven't tried dealer yet though. Thanks

You need to go to a pick and pull.

I hate yards that don't allow people to pull their own parts I won't buy from them, even if they have what I need. Loss of business IMO, last week I was at a pick and pull for some interior stuff, about $10 worth, then I noticed an 8G with untouched rear disc brakes pulled them and paid $35 per side complete with backing plates, wheel hub/bearing, calipers, pads and rotors. If they didn't allow me back there they would have only made $10 off me and not the $80 I paid.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-27-2012 at 12:52 AM

Yeah pick and pull J/Y's here in CT are alomost non existent I guess for liability reasons. They don't like to see teen agers walking all over their inventory or risk getting cut with glass and stuff. Here they rather have you buy the entire car than pull just the good stuff off and leave them with the shell.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    you check with chuck and eddies? there are some yards that let you sround here but not sure what area you are from
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yeah they were the ones who wanted 80 bucks for the door panel, this is no big deal, I live in Waterbury too off Watertown Ave

Use http://www.car-part.com/ to search for Front Door Trim Panel. I just ran a search on it and found one clown wanting $250 for a door panel but I also found a bunch in the $40-60 range. Lowest price listed was $20. Do the search on Front Door Trim Panel and put in your zip code so it will sort by what is closest to you. $80 for a door panel is crazy. I only paid $200 for a complete car that I bought for as a 5 speed donor. Being it it ran I hung on to just about everything but the shell and the back seat. If you really have no luck drop me a pm and I'll see if I still have the lens.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Thanks EK but it's really no big deal. If your doing something and you see the lens laying around definitely let me know

Front seats will go 1:1, rear ones need a bit of modifying, but will fit, also you could install inner door opening handles if you are looking for bling.
    94 Galant Hatchback E54A 2.0 V6 DOHC 6A12

If u can give me a vin for that car I can send u part numbers from mitsu

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

My car is all factory stock and with 2 teenagers and plans on having a 3rd kid in the mix, I don't think I'm gonna start altering the car the way I really want. I have a 68 Camaro convertible in primer I've been working on. Thats where all the extra money goes. My 7G was owned by a lady prior to me and the only cosmetic flaw of this car was the driver door light lens and original carpets. I managed to fix the tranny slip and exhaust down pipe. The emmisions were as good as a new car after I cleaned out the EGR valve and Intake manifold. I'm gonna keep it all stock I guess, probably some 17's if they come up cheap. It's just a stupid small red lens thats on the door and lights up when open. Thanks for all the replies