The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MPG not what it used to be, any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    haha, good point, I'll agree that can make a big difference, although I don't drive it hard, at 187K miles I can't be too hard on it or something will break!
    Since my last post I had a chance to put a few tanks of gas through the car (after replacing plugs, wires, and O2 sensor), and I have noticed a consistent increase in fuel economy, I'm not getting about 330 to 340 out of a tank before I fill up (12 gallons to fill up so I'm getting about 27 to 28 mpg now), the fuel light is not on at that point yet. So replacing those parts did help noticeably, but I will also need to replace the valve cover seals yet.

whats that? ohh 10 bucks on ebay not bad. i shall do it.
    edit: which is the right one? angled or no angled?
    Last edited by specter6633; 05-30-2012 at 11:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by PlorkZ View Post
    haha, good point, I'll agree that can make a big difference, although I don't drive it hard, at 187K miles I can't be too hard on it or something will break!
    Since my last post I had a chance to put a few tanks of gas through the car (after replacing plugs, wires, and O2 sensor), and I have noticed a consistent increase in fuel economy, I'm not getting about 330 to 340 out of a tank before I fill up (12 gallons to fill up so I'm getting about 27 to 28 mpg now), the fuel light is not on at that point yet. So replacing those parts did help noticeably, but I will also need to replace the valve cover seals yet.
    can you tell me what o2 sensor i should get. i checked ebay but they are so many different ones i cant figure out which is right.

can you tell me what o2 sensor i should get. i checked ebay but they are so many different ones i cant figure out which is right.
    I often use RockAuto.com for parts, I bought part # AP4127 (mfg by APWI) from rock auto. That is the upstream O2 sensor, but they have listings for downstream as well. If you go to www.rockauto.com you can select your make, model, and year of vehicle and pick through all the part categories and find what you want.

i get about 10mpg. lol very heavy foot, have to show stangs and camaro's whos the boss though. spring time comes i will try all of your guys input as well. along with the g75 mani too. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12