The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I love driving my 7g

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

I love driving my 7g

I love driving my freaking 5-speed swapped 7g. It is a blast!
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

mine has been pissing me off lately. i just changed the passenger side axle yesterday. while i was there i noticed i need a new lower ball joint, inner and outer tie rod, and my steering rack is leaking. woo hoo for me

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    mine has been pissing me off lately. i just changed the passenger side axle yesterday. while i was there i noticed i need a new lower ball joint, inner and outer tie rod, and my steering rack is leaking. woo hoo for me
    I hear you man,i have been there and done that.I had to put a new rack and pinion in mine because it was leaking.I had to do inner and outter tie rods too.I had to do a balljoint on it too.It is a pain in the ass,then you need an alignment on top of it too.Mine ended up eating the tires up before it got aligned.It was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    I hear you man,i have been there and done that.I had to put a new rack and pinion in mine because it was leaking.I had to do inner and outter tie rods too.I had to do a balljoint on it too.It is a pain in the ass,then you need an alignment on top of it too.Mine ended up eating the tires up before it got aligned.It was pretty bad.
    i've had the ball joints done under the recall(56k). then had to do them at (91k) then had to do the drivers at 110K when i swapped to 5 lug. now the passenger at 117k

and my alignment has eaten all my tires in random ways.

it's a good thing i stopped driving it everyday or else i dunno what i do with it

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i've had the ball joints done under the recall(56k). then had to do them at (91k) then had to do the drivers at 110K when i swapped to 5 lug. now the passenger at 117k

and my alignment has eaten all my tires in random ways.

it's a good thing i stopped driving it everyday or else i dunno what i do with it
    Last time i called the dealer i was told that the recall was done like 10-11 years ago mine.So i am pretty sure that was the last time they were done.I had to put a new curved lower control arm balljoint in it.My car isnt lowered or anything but the alignment was messed up from having to do the rack and pinion and the tie rods on it.If you end up having to do the rack and pinion you will most likely have to drop the steering column on it to get it lined up.That is what i had to do,it was a pain.It has been pretty good since then though so i cant really complain.

I had to do the inner and outer tie rods right when I bought her than after a bad rain did the alternator. But I have noticed some leaking around the steering knuckle is this what y'all were referring to? But I also love driving my 7G moreso than my brothers 8g and my car was bought at 238k not running for $50

Kolio if you ever get rid of that G I want those rain visors I have searched to no avail
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

I ampretty sure my tie rods are shot too...but I haven't done shit with em. My poor car has a host of issues that I am not sure will ever get solved. But I have to agree....the 5 speed is so much fun on these cars. Even with the stock engine, full exhaust and intake it feels like it pulls hard. I love it as well

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I ampretty sure my tie rods are shot too...but I haven't done shit with em. My poor car has a host of issues that I am not sure will ever get solved. But I have to agree....the 5 speed is so much fun on these cars. Even with the stock engine, full exhaust and intake it feels like it pulls hard. I love it as well
    my engine is money. but i keep having clutch issues. my car no longer pulls. the guy who kept doing the clutch sucks flappy donkey dick. When your flooring it it revs but doesn't move. however when you shift and release the clutch in the half grabing state the car moves. then when you release it all the way the car falls on it's face.

i'm doing the cluch myself next time. or i'll jsut throw my 6 bolt in. if someone would make me a god damned harness for the ecu thats plug and play!

it's a good thing i have a tuned 335i 6spd to fullfill the need for speed

mine did something weird this morning too...I tired to pass someon in the hills and when I downshifted the rpms dropped instead of rising...although in retrospec...I may have accidentally upshifted. My Trans has never given me any issues since I put it in so...

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    mine did something weird this morning too...I tired to pass someon in the hills and when I downshifted the rpms dropped instead of rising...although in retrospec...I may have accidentally upshifted. My Trans has never given me any issues since I put it in so...
    the trans is fine. it's just clutch issues

Hey talk I was thinking of replacing my quarter million mile tranny for another automatic would the F5A33 be plug & play electronically I know kit will bolt up but will my ecu know what to do with it

Kolio what clutch are you using currently and when you replace it what will you go with

Sounds like your clutches aren't maintaining grip under load is there a way to adjust the
    pressure on the clutch? Something to try before replacing it as kolio mentioned having
    done it a couple times.
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    If its an ACT, is the pivot ball shimmed? Is the mater cylinder rod adjusted so the slave is self adjusting and has the most fluid flow?

I will say the 5 speed swap has been the best mod to date.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Hey talk I was thinking of replacing my quarter million mile tranny for another automatic would the F5A33 be plug & play electronically I know kit will bolt up but will my ecu know what to do with it

Kolio what clutch are you using currently and when you replace it what will you go with

Sounds like your clutches aren't maintaining grip under load is there a way to adjust the
    pressure on the clutch? Something to try before replacing it as kolio mentioned having
    done it a couple times.
    i first put in a fidanza 2.1 with a 8lb flywheel. that crap came out after only 13k of easy driving. the only reason i replaced the clutch is because the fidanza flywheel seperated.

the mechanic ordered a cheap factory replacement clutch and thats whats in it now.

i have a exedy stock clutch waiting in my room for the past year. i don't know how the fully built 6 bolt will like that clutch, but whatever.

i had replaced all the parts. fulcrum ball, shift fork, slave and master cylinder, TOB, EVERYTHING! i even swapped from a partiall ss line to a full ss line.

no dice. clutch issues have plaugued me since the fidanza went in.

IF ONLY SOME ONE WOULD HELP ME MAKE A HARNESS TO SWAP IN MY 6 BOLT.

sorry lol. i get no help