The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The official 9G Galant!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 54 of 54
    b-boy_sky
    The tail light are a trip. Does anyone know what the weights are for the I4 and V6.....I wanna know where I stand against one come November.....

delo
    Seen it at the auto show yesterday. looks nice from the outside but the insude was like oh dam. :shock: two tone interior. cream and blue. couldn't get close to it cuz it was roped off but extremely nice. and they changed the gear shift stick. good.

i saw it at the NY Auto show yesterday. its uglier in person.

2.4 SOHC 160HP?? gimme a break. thats the same engine my 95 has. its underpowered and its a smaller car. imagine how wimpy that giant thing is going to be.

greekgalant
    I like it...it looks more classy..its gonna sell better than the current version I guarantee u..i think the agressive styling of the current galant helped people buy it but it also scared away a lot of potentials...but i still like the 8gs betta

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atxmob)</div><div class='quotemain'>what idiot at mitsubishi is pushing the damn NOSE idea?!</div>

A spokesman from Mitsubishi stated during the unveiling of the '03 Galant (the video may still be available at Edmunds.com) that starting with the '03 Galant, this front end will be the NEW corporate symbol and all new Mitsubishi cars will have this feature. I guess they weren't lying but I don't recall the Eclipse looking like this. All the other new cars have this front end (although not as weird looking as the 9G Galant) Evo, Diamante, SUV (whatever it's called).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(baadhabit)</div><div class='quotemain'>i saw it at the NY Auto show yesterday. its uglier in person. Â*

2.4 SOHC 160HP?? Â* gimme a break. thats the same engine my 95 has. its underpowered and its a smaller car. imagine how wimpy that giant thing is going to be.</div>

Not quite the same engine. The 1994 GS had a DOHC 4G64 2.4l engine.
    This car has a SOHC MIVEC 4G69 2.4l. The MIVEC engine should provide a much flatter torque curve.
    The specs are expected to be 160hp @ 5500rpm and 157ft/lbs torque @ 4000rpm. What worries me is the 9G's base weight: 3351lbs :shock:
    Mitsubishi Sapporo Turbo, the first, the best and the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evomk8)</div><div class='quotemain'>The specs are expected to be 160hp @ 5500rpm and 157ft/lbs torque @ 4000rpm. What worries me is the 9G's base weight: 3351lbs :shock:</div>

Wow...that's the 4 banger's base weight? If so...we're talking probably a worse power to weight ratio than the current 8g Cali spec 4 cylinders. I sincerely hope that it's the 6 cylinder's weight anyway...if the Altima can be as big as it is and still come in at 3078 pounds for the 4 banger Mitsubishi should be able to. Oh wait...we're talking about the Triple Diamond...I take that back.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I was just checking out the specs of the new EVO and that SOB weights well over 2 tons! (4000lbs)

Tiptronic
    that station wagon isnt bad looking. never yellow though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was just checking out the specs of the new EVO and that SOB weights well over 2 tons! (4000lbs)</div>

No way man, here are the weights from mitsu's website:

Curb Weight (lbs.) [with Sunroof]: 3263 [3298]

-Mohammad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Makes me glad I bought my 01 gtz when i did. I would like to look into the motor this sounds like a question for manybrews!

Wes</div>

good point 8g for me lol

MMC is really loosing faith from me, I cant be satisfied with a mitsu unless I do drastic changes...can I have a decent starting block. Its official my next car wont have nothing to do with 3 diamonds

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was just checking out the specs of the new EVO and that SOB weights well over 2 tons! (4000lbs)</div>

No way man, here are the weights from mitsu's website:

Curb Weight (lbs.) [with Sunroof]: 3263 [3298]

-Mohammad</div>

Yeah that's what I saw too. In Super Street and I forget which other magazine the weight was over 4000, then other magazines listed it at around 3100. Sure makes for some serious confusion.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigMikesGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know that this has nothing to do with the G's but did you see the Lancer Station Wagon they brought out...what crack laced pipe were they smokin when they designed this:

Man I thought MMC was goin forward, not just copying everyone else...like someone else said, they just should brought the VR-4 over here like Nissan did the SkyLine</div>

that looks tight!

After seeing the new Galant in person at the NY Auto Show yesterday, I actually like it. The rear is sweet, especially the tails on the GTS model. The only thing I really hate are the big ass headlights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123