The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The official 9G Galant!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 54

The official 9G Galant!

You all remember that pic that's been floating around on Edmund's of a so called 9G that was covered in black tarps? Well, that isn't a Maxima and is indeed the 9G Galant. Check out the pics below.

Here is a pic of a 2004 GTS

Here is a pic of a 2004 ES

Looks like an Altima/Maxima combo to me. I don't like it too much. Perhaps I need to see it in person?

TWISTED II
    wow, unless mitsu starts makin some changes in their designs, this might be the last g-ride i own. i'm so glad i got mine when i did. but, ya never know, maybe they'll be out on the road for a while and i'll learn to like them, lol.

Dilemma
    yea your right dan. Looks like Mitsubishi and Nissan have been collabertaing :?

I guess that settles it. My ride will be the last Galant I will own. Hopefully I will be able to afford a BMW M3 in the near future. It does not matter if it's the older version.

i wonder why they changed the gtz trim to gts. a different motor from the ES possibly? looks are ok. but yea looks can be easily changed. the stuff under the hood isn't as easy

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    ugly but slick

luxcrusr2000
    It would have to drive hella nice in order for me to consider it. Doesn't it seem like the Accord, Altima, and 9G Galant are looking similar? :? :shock:

Tiptronic

I don't like it. Maybe it will have to grow on me also. Are there any specs to the performance. Maybe if it is hitting 400hp I might think about it.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

My99GTZ
    Damn... and I was just startin to like the g-ride.. was talking about upgrading when this ones paid off.. guess not now.... :rounder:

TGC Regular
    oh god that thing is hidious!!!!!!!!!!
    - Atba

I think it looks kinda stubby and is not a handsome car at all. By the way, DANJ, where did the pics come from? I have been trying to find pictures from the show and can't find any.

-Mohammad

Titanium2K2
    Here's an article that I found about the RalliArt version Galants:

#3 of 9 More Details on Future Mitsubishi Models by tsx Mar 26, 2003 (1:38 am)
    I've just confirmed, the V6 Model in the Galant will offer a RalliArt version, similar to TypeS Acura Models. The RalliArt Galant will be factory equipped sports model with increased power, most likely 240HP, body kit and sport interior.

the website that I found this article can be found here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/future/2004/mitsubi.....4.Mitsubishi*

Jimmy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The completely redesigned 2004 Mitsubishi Galant takes on the biggest names in mid-size sedans with a whole new attitude. The new-for-North America Lancer Sportback gives Mitsubishi a powerful entry in the sportwagon segment and expands the Lancer name to three models. And Mitsubishi's remodeled Diamante flagship sedan focuses on the upscale segment with a new corporate look and a stronger automotive identity.
    "New spirited products, in new segments, are keying our growth," said Pierre Gagnon, chairman and chief executive officer of Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. "Our family of vehicles is growing to meet a broader family of Mitsubishi Motors' consumers who, in 2003, will have more of our cars and S.U.V.s to choose from than ever before, something for every stage of their lives." Â*
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant
    More power, more poise, more room, more attitude. Mitsubishi's all-new Galant now offers a 3.8-liter V6 engine that leads the class in displacement, a robust and highly rigid new unibody structure and more than 100 cu. ft. of interior passenger room. Of course, as with all new Mitsubishi's, the 2004 Galant has vibrant, show-car styling designed to shoulder aside the average family car and stand out in traffic.
    At more than 190-inches in length and 72.4-inches in width the 2004 Galant not only looks substantial, it is. The wheelbase has grown to 108.3-inches. The standard tires have been pumped up to 16-inches. The base 2.4-liter Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and Electronic Control (MIVEC) engine jumps to 160 horsepower, and the available 3.8-liter V6 cranks out 230 horsepower and a hill-flattening 250 lb. ft. of torque.
    Inside, dimensions expand in every direction. Huge cabin width provides more than 57-inches of shoulder room, while 37-inches of rear legroom afford rear passengers ample comfort.
    As with the previous Galant, the model line-up includes four distinct trim lines, with missions ranging from expressive family sedan to exhilarating sport sedan.
    The Galant DE is expected to start below $19,000, fitted with the 2.4-liter engine, automatic transmission, four-wheel disc brakes, air conditioning, 140-watt CD audio system, keyless entry and power windows, locks and sideview mirrors.
    The high-volume Galant ES is expected to start under $20,000 and is equipped with cruise control, titanium-style interior trim, upgraded interior lighting, premium cloth upholstery, color-keyed exterior treatment and a range of options and upgrades.
    Mitsubishi's V6 range opens with the Galant LS, a mid-size that packs the 230 horsepower, 250 lb. ft. engine, a Sportronic® automatic/manual transmission, traction control and anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution. What it doesn't include is a high-powered price. The preliminary price point for the Galant LS is under $22,000.
    The Alpha male of the Galant family is the GTS. Hunkered down on 17-inch alloy wheels, fitted with big stabilizer bars and sporting a strut tower brace under its hood, the GTS has the mechanicals to match the menacing look. Four-bulb projector headlights, parabolic fog lights and a mesh sport grille signal the GTS' serious intentions. At the rear lies an integrated lip spoiler, custom taillights and a baritone exhaust note that helps leave a lasting impression.
    Galant GTS also includes a leather-trimmed interior, 270-watt Mitsubishi/Infinity® premium audio system, sunroof, front and side impact air bags, power driver's seat and automatic climate control, along with a choice of interior decor treatments and a color information display in the upper center dash panel.
    Following the Endeavor sport utility vehicle, Galant is the second new vehicle in Mitsubishi Motors' Project America series. The all-new Galant was specifically designed in California, engineered in Michigan and Japan, and assembled in Illinois to meet the specific needs and high expectations of American drivers. And with its size, substance and sophistication, Mitsubishi expects the American-made 2004 Galant to reach annual sales of more than 100,000 -- making it the best selling vehicle in Mitsubishi's North American line-up. Â*
    </div>

TGC Regular
    they should have just bought over the 8g vr4 instead of a complete tear down and rebuild imo.
    - Atba

WiseCat_03GTZ
    I still don't like it.

The pics I posted are from www.autoweek.com in the NY Auto Show section.

That info that Pinoy posted is interesting. It's good to see the GTS will be available in stick, but at only 230 hp, who cares? I mean damn, that's all they can get from a 3.8 liter engine?!

WiseCat_03GTZ
    I think 230hp is too low for these day, the new Civic has more than that.
    If Mitsut doesn't do better 3 or 4 years down the line, I switch over to Domestics like Chrysler, Doged or something that looks better and has more power under the hood.

i think this motor has lots of potential. im thinking this car is like the evo. with a few mods, u'll get a whole buncha power unleashed. lots of potential

Rasko Da Gama
    MMC has disapointed me... I son't like the shape, especially whole front...
    :evil:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast