The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The official 9G Galant!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 54
    Titanium2K2
    I think the overall styling doesn't look too bad. It's just the front end that takes a little getting use to. It's just like the 02 and up grill, some like it some don't. There's always going to be aftermarket kits that will change the looks of the car. ( shougun, vis, etc) Unlike our generation G's it's going to take more than just clearing the corners to enhance the looks of this new Galant.

Jimmy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think this motor has lots of potential. im thinking this car is like the evo. with a few mods, u'll get a whole buncha power unleashed. lots of potential</div>
    I think you're making a wild assed guess. There's not as much modification available to be done to a MIVEC engine. Remember that you're just looking at CID numbers when you say 3.8L. That's how physically big the engine is, and it has to be bigger to accomodate the MIVEC piston placement. Size doesn't necessarily equate to power. Look at the difference between the 3.0 and the 3.5 V6. It's a whopping 5hp difference.

Besides that, it's an ugly car....add a stick, alteezas and a 270 watt stereo, and it's still just an ugly car with a stick, alteezas and a 270 watt stereo.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think this motor has lots of potential. im thinking this car is like the evo. with a few mods, u'll get a whole buncha power unleashed. lots of potential</div>
    I think you're making a wild assed guess. There's not as much modification available to be done to a MIVEC engine. Remember that you're just looking at CID numbers when you say 3.8L. That's how physically big the engine is, and it has to be bigger to accomodate the MIVEC piston placement. Size doesn't necessarily equate to power. Look at the difference between the 3.0 and the 3.5 V6. It's a whopping 5hp difference.

Besides that, it's an ugly car....add a stick, alteezas and a 270 watt stereo, and it's still just an ugly car with a stick, alteezas and a 270 watt stereo.</div>

yup. 100% wild ass guess. but i have this vibe saying that it will. come on there has to be a reason why such a big motor isn't making that much power.

with everything said im starting to think about the eclipse. im pretty sure its not up for a redesign but what will it say when the galant has more power than it...hmmm

i think it would look better with a modified front end of their cz2 concept car...hmm

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

There will be an all new eclipse for 05.

I'm glad to see the 9G get more power, but it's not a car I would consider at all. Honestly, I like smaller cars and I think even my 8G is a little too big. The 9G looks huge and looking like a Camry is not a good thing in my book.

-Mohammad

Makes me glad I bought my 01 gtz when i did. I would like to look into the motor this sounds like a question for manybrews!

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

Reminds me of when they changed the eclipse for 2000.
    Maybe with better wheels on it.. but as of right now.. it looks pretty crappy. Its round AND square... front end has to go too, looks like a smashed endeavor..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

what idiot at mitsubishi is pushing the damn NOSE idea?! did we recruit the pontiac guy or something? i want to throw up on it. and why the higher front fender still??? i am currently driving my second galant. i guarantee i wont be driving a 3rd. OH yeah, it looks like they ripped off the side view from chrysler.

Faction
    i think its hott, only in GTS form

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I've just confirmed, the V6 Model in the Galant will offer a RalliArt version, similar to TypeS Acura Models. The RalliArt Galant will be factory equipped sports model with increased power, most likely 240HP, body kit and sport interior.

The 2004 Outlander will be upgraded to the 2.4-Litre SOHC MIVEC engine which will have increased 20+ HP and torque. The RalliArt version might hit the market in 2005 jumping the power to 200HP and sport appearance.

<span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>The New Diamante will use the new 3.5-Litre V6 MIVEC with increased power and a AWD system.</span>

Montero Sport will most likely be into it's last year for 2004. The bigger Montero will use the next V8 from Mitsubishi.

I will post more details as they come available. Â*

</div>

AWD system mann!! V6 3.5 power! whoa i'm saving my money

Well, at least with this Galant you would be able to comfortably put 20's on their. It's been done on the 8G but it didn't look too comfy. At least with this one, it does.

I don't know why so many people are trippin'. It's a G-Ride. Wheels, kit and other shit and it's going to be flossin', specially if I get one. I can make a Pinto look tight.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    :lauging: pintos are tight stock

well the more i look at it the side/rear looks pretty sleek. im still not likin the front grill/hood, which im sure ralliart or some other company could hook us up

probably not but one could dream
    7g for life!

Looks like a cross between a diamante and a camry. wtf are they thinking.

ulgy :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atxmob)</div><div class='quotemain'>what idiot at mitsubishi is pushing the damn NOSE idea?! did we recruit the pontiac guy or something? i want to throw up on it. and why the higher front fender still??? i am currently driving my second galant. i guarantee i wont be driving a 3rd. OH yeah, it looks like they ripped off the side view from chrysler.</div>

that's what I'm thinking. The nose thing. ???

right ..

I know that this has nothing to do with the G's but did you see the Lancer Station Wagon they brought out...what crack laced pipe were they smokin when they designed this:

Man I thought MMC was goin forward, not just copying everyone else...like someone else said, they just should brought the VR-4 over here like Nissan did the SkyLine

Im sorry, ans I will probably get shit for saying it, but................I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and will seriously consider purchasing one for Todd when we gwt all our shit together

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

2002-GeeTeeZee
    Looks like an Pontiac Aztec/sunbird in the front and like an Altima/Camry from the front fenders back.

My days in this forum will end once I don't have my present 8G, because I will not have a 9G. It is flat out UGLY.

Went from a sleek classy BMW look to that as mentioned above.

i dont think she needs any help with her looks, i really do like her...just the way she is....everyone should be allowed to have their own opinions, and not have the opinions of others forced down their throats

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

the station wagon is cool, only in yellow though

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    here is my opinion.
    i like the front,
    I don't like the back
    i don't like how the back of the cabin looks like a camry,
    More power, GOOD, but not enough.
    I want to see it in person and see how it performs to see if i would consider getting it or not.
    pictures say a thousand word but sometimes that is not enough. What about performance.
    -Pedro

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, at least with this Galant you would be able to comfortably put 20's on their. Â*It's been done on the 8G but it didn't look too comfy. Â*At least with this one, it does.

I don't know why so many people are trippin'. Â*It's a G-Ride. Â*Wheels, kit and other shit and it's going to be flossin', specially if I get one. Â*I can make a Pinto look tight.</div>

HAHA BGR you are the Man!!! Yeah,..I am gonna get the 9G. I don't know when but it will be my next car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast