The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cheapest place to buy kyb agx new?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

cheapest place to buy kyb agx new?

Wheres the cheapest place now a days? I searched past posts, and it seems you use to could get them for under 400? Not seeing that now.

Thanks for any help

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Check ebay or advance they usually have a promotion code where you get a discount and free shipping over $100

«Carlos»

Cheapest is probably ebay. But I would buy from an online retailer or parts store for warranty purposes juat in case.

Try warranting something through ebay store = hassle, headache, PITA...etc etc.

True lol. I think the cheapest I've been able to manage with some places after entering their promo codes..is 450ish

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Spark Plug Source on eBay:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Sparkplugssource

They quoted me a price of $400 w/o shipping for AGX's. I got a set of GR2's for the Altima I had for $155 w/o shipping. They're local to me so I just go pick them up...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Jw why not just go with gr-2 theyre cheaper and work perfect smooth ride

«Carlos»

Well I have lowering springs for a 3g eclipse to put on my 8g..and they are already 1.7f and 1.4r drop if I recall correctly. I was up last min, like 5 am reading old threads were members basically were saying agx>gr2

Well idk in my sig I had gr-2's and dropped 2in or maybe more and I had no issues smooth ride

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I was lowered on Teins with GR-2's & it was a smooth ride. No issues with that setup.

Sent from my rooted 3VO using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

That's what I'm saying why spend more for agx when I think they both do the same job

«Carlos»

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    That's what I'm saying why spend more for agx when I think they both do the same job
    AGX should be able to handle a drop better since you can choose a dampening setting and put them stiffer.

But in my opinion if your thinking of buying Agx just shell out the extra cash and get full c/o's, If you already have the springs then I would go with the GR2's and see what happens, as other members have posted you shouldn't have any issues.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post

But in my opinion if your thinking of buying Agx just shell out the extra cash and get full c/o's, If you already have the springs then I would go with the GR2's and see what happens, as other members have posted you shouldn't have any issues.
    This. What will happen is instant gratification. You will not have any issues with them, I have them and here in my town there are some really shot streets, yet still smooth and nice.

Yes it is better to go with AGX if you have them money. But by then might as well go C/O's.

Lol you guys talked me into it and my wallet as well, probably go that route. Roads here aren't bad and I don't track or auto x. My springs are supposedly progressive rate too, so hopefully that will help with strut life, and ride quality.

Thanks for all the input
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-07-2012 at 11:11 PM

Also do I need to but bump stops or new boots? I was on club3g and I see a guy mention something about that with agxs. His stock boots weren't long enough

Good grief this is an endless debate, but here we go again:
    GR2's<AGX's bcz GR2's are OEM replacement and the warranty is Void with lowering springs installed bcz they are not meant to be used with anything other than stock springs. They have been known to blow prematurely in many cases with usage of lowering springs. Although some people have had them with lowering springs without complaints. So it's a gamble, why risk wasting your money?
    AGX's have dampening adjustment along with being meant for use with lowering springs. AGX's are still cheaper than coilovers and have a more comfortable ride.
    Those are the facts, without any opinions. Make your decision based off of the facts.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Alright I think I'm gonna go agx route so I can be done once and for all. Don't wanna 2nd guess and don't have money to do things twice. Plus my last car had agxs so I'm familiar. So i have a few last questions.

1. My springs are 3g tenrai springs. I couldn't remember what the ebay auction said, but I think there was a group buy on club3g. Luckily they still have the drop specs. Its 1.6f and 1.4r not i4 or v6 specific. Now I've read agxs sit higher than stock struts on initial installation..do they ever settle like springs? I have a v6 so I'm hoping with my 18s I will have a noticeable drop, even with the reported agx height lift.

2. I read a couple threads on bumpstops being cut on some spring installs? Good idea with agxs? Most say cut in half, but which end is best to keep and which do you dispose? Also I guess when you transfer to agxs they should go on in the same place?

3. The boot situation. Is there any cutting required? I tried to click the tutorial I saw in an old thread for spring and shock install, but it seems to be a dead link.

So ill end the back and forth century old debate if I can get some help with those last few questions. Thanks again for the help and bearing with me
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-08-2012 at 11:01 AM

1.Now I've read agxs sit higher than stock struts on initial installation..do they ever settle like springs? I have a v6 so I'm hoping with my 18s I will have a noticeable drop, even with the reported agx height lift.

AGX's do sit higher than GR2's, springs settle but not struts IIRC. With a V6 you should drop down to a two finger gap all the way around. With an I4 drop is 3 finger gap up front and two finger gap in the rear. The 18"s will compliment the drop nicely.

2. I read a couple threads on bumpstops being cut on some spring installs? Good idea with agxs? Most say cut in half, but which end is best to keep and which do you dispose? Also I guess when you transfer to agxs they should go on in the same place?

IDK I never did that, I just installed the springs & struts...

3. The boot situation. Is there any cutting required? I tried to click the tutorial I saw in an old thread for spring and shock install, but it seems to be a dead link.

What boot are you talking about?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

first of all , thanks for taking the time to go question by question. As far as the boot, I read on cluib3g where one guy was saying the dust boot that goes around the rod of the shock. I know that might not be the correct term for it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    first of all , thanks for taking the time to go question by question. As far as the boot, I read on cluib3g where one guy was saying the dust boot that goes around the rod of the shock. I know that might not be the correct term for it lol.
    No problem, no you shouldn't have to cut that boot at all that I know of...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

While Will is spot on in the subject of AGX vs. GR-2. I believe that those who blew GR-2's had drops over 2in. I would personally still run the Gr-2's.