The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Calling Out Oakdrs

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Calling Out Oakdrs

Please post a bunch of pics of your projector retro, from all sorts of angles. Since my license got suspended I may just do this

Are you talking about his quads? I don't think he was able to complete them. So he went single iirc
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Yeah thats what I was trying to get at

I'm here!! LOL!!

I couldn't get any decent shots yet!! I can post what I have but they really don't do it justice...

Matt, if you don't mind me asking what are tour plans? I have completed a retrofit recently using fxr projectors. I may be able to shed some light or help you out.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Something told me to get some shots last night while heading back home at 3 in the A, (I-10 not crowded). These shots are taken with my phone while driving (don't do it) and there's a vid too. I will try for more output shots, I just wanted to show how I light up all three lanes when in the middle and still reaches out to the shoulder and center divider.

Blurry 2 lane shot.

Daytime, google map view of same road, now notice the cut off in bushes on the right. Again, pics don't do it justice.

On these pics, I wanted to note the sharp cutoff on the clunker in front of me.

Video: Switched to high beams in the end.

Please note, I was not running fog lights during any of these shots, Just the Mini H1 projectors from TRS with DDM Tuning 55w 5000k, not quads either, one projector per headlight.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I couldn't get any decent shots yet!! I can post what I have but they really don't do it justice...
    Get on it!!! hahah just whenever you can

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Matt, if you don't mind me asking what are tour plans? I have completed a retrofit recently using fxr projectors. I may be able to shed some light or help you out.
    Nothing really, just considering doing a retro in the the jdm head, this thread inspirsed me to do it

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-h...k-out-how.html

Oak I just saw those shots NOM NOM NOM, can I see some daytime looks so I can see the aesthetics of it

With the JDM heads, because they have separate high and lows, you can use the s2000 projectors or the tsx projectors. Those 2 are some of the best low beam projectors. Greddy, fatal1 are a few that used tsx in their jdm heads.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I just finished my retrofit but my passenger side is alittle off. how did you adjust your cutoff?

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    With the JDM heads, because they have separate high and lows, you can use the s2000 projectors or the tsx projectors. Those 2 are some of the best low beam projectors. Greddy, fatal1 are a few that used tsx in their jdm heads.
    Looking to do the usdm for now

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialCannonBeam View Post
    I just finished my retrofit but my passenger side is alittle off. how did you adjust your cutoff?
    Rotation wise? I used a method dubbed as JNC which pretty much allowed me to get a dead on perfect cutoff before I permanently locked everything. Let me asl you, how did you mount your projectors?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Looking to do the usdm for now
    Yeah need bixenon which im sure you already know. Www.TheRetrofitSource.com has simple drop in projectors which offers decent performance for begginers. They also have exotics like TL which are regarded as the best bixenons available but due to their large size, they only fit in large headlights.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Yeah I am trying to figure out wether I want to wait for jdm and projector or do the udsm projector

Yeah, its like at an angle. I mount them in the reflector.

Thats how they sit now.

Did you use nuts and bolts or an epoxy to keep it in place?
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I got the Moto H1 from trs. I used the nut it came with. The end of the projector is threaded.

You know how the projectors have a plate on the threaded end that fits where the normal halogen h4 bulb goes? What you have to do is take a dremel to the part that holds the bulb, in this case, the part that holds the projectors threaded end. Get what im saying?
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I think ill need a visual. Ill take them apart again and post up pics to see what i did wrong. The adapter plate really didnt fit in right so i just put it in and screwed the nut in so the projector didnt move. But ill post pics tomorrow.