The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My pics from the 2012 New York International Auto Show!

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

My pics from the 2012 New York International Auto Show!

Way too many for one thread, (+150 pics) So here's the album:

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20Auto%20Show/

Here's some notables that I liked:

2012 Buick Regal GS. <3

2013 Dodge Viper GTS-R

2013 Dodge Dart RallyCross (Travis Pastrana's racecar)

Land Rover Defender 100 Concept

2013 Lotus Europa Autosport

2013 Linclon MK-Z. Wow...just, wow.

2013 Audi R8 GT

2012 Fisker Kharma

Kia GT Concept...speechless...

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Great pics Chris! I'm sorry I missed you there, I had a feeling someone from TGCNY would be there. I didn't get too many pics because there was just too many people there but I'll post mine up in a little, once I find where I put my camera (if you don't mind).

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Great pics Chris! I'm sorry I missed you there, I had a feeling someone from TGCNY would be there. I didn't get too many pics because there was just too many people there but I'll post mine up in a little, once I find where I put my camera (if you don't mind).
    Dude, don't even get me started...lol I'm stubborn as an ox, so I'd stay put at the angle I wanted. People would eventually get the message and stay the fuck out of my shot. lol The two Jaguars I took pics of, JUST FOR TWO PICS, I was there for 15 minutes. Worth the wait, considering how gorgeous those two cars were.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

wow is the dart a 2 door? i would love to race that car in a touring class! the viper is just sick!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    wow is the dart a 2 door? i would love to race that car in a touring class! the viper is just sick!
    The Dart is a sedan. I didn't see the SRT-4 model there though.

The Viper was just amazing in person. Seeing the pics online did it no justice. Even better, was the GTS badge on the fenders. :D

-Chris-

I love the new Regal GS. My dad ALMOST bought one but instead the altima. I was like WTF?!

I took all of thirty-something pics, here's the best:

Our rental, a 2012 Camry with all of 401 miles on the odometer:

Very solid car, very comfortable and quiet, but not as fast as my G (didn't jump off the line as quick, still very quick, midrange acceleration wasn't as strong either). Very efficient though. Jacob Javits Convention Center is 199 miles from my house, one tank did the round trip and then some. Probably because the transmission had the engine loping along at ~2200 rpm at 80, it blew my mind how slow the engine was spinning at those speeds:

Anyway, here's some pics at the show:

A fire station in North Carolina (I think) brought its Lambo along:

Best pic of this GT-R I could come up with (I'm not as patient as Chris):

Dope flat paint job:

I think the next Mazda 6 is gonna be based off this:

McLaren MP4-C12 or whatever it's called, it's dope AF:

Our local news made a big deal about this flying car, my wife had to see it:

And that's it. I just was at the DC auto show, a lot of what interested me was there and I took pics of it already. But next year, I'll get there earlier so I can take better pics without trying to move 100 people out my frame.

-Greg

I'm seriously surprised we didn't run into each other, especially since I was wearing my Sonic hat. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I love the new Regal GS. My dad ALMOST bought one but instead the altima. I was like WTF?!
    Whoa, who talked him into the most generic sedan on the market? lol

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Whoa, who talked him into the most generic sedan on the market? lol
    Needing a new car and it was availble, he wanted the manual version but wasnt going to wait to order it.

Also our neighbor at the time said dont go american, and dont get a nissan 5 speed. Now he really doesnt like the car that much. Hates the cvt now, it has a lifter tick, pretty slow for a newer 4 cyl(my galant beat it from a dig and 30-70 roll) and the car has some really thin paint. Its really a damn shame. The problem is he paid cash for the car. So it not like he can do a trade in on something

Don't buy American? That's pretty stupid to think nowadays. Especially since the Regal is German. lol

The 2.5L Altimas are PAINFULLY slow. I've driven 3rd and 4th gen 2.5L Altimas with autos, I'd be unhappy as well. Altimas with a manual share the same six speed with the Sentra SE-R, which is a nice gearbox.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Don't buy American? That's pretty stupid to think nowadays. Especially since the Regal is German. lol

The 2.5L Altimas are PAINFULLY slow. I've driven 3rd and 4th gen 2.5L Altimas with autos, I'd be unhappy as well. Altimas with a manual share the same six speed with the Sentra SE-R, which is a nice gearbox.
    Yeah I blame it on my dumbass neighbor he ran a credited ASE shop out of his garage, he used to work for toyota. This guy worked on my dads old sentra, the axle fell out when he was driving down the road, after a axle job. Plus many cars both forgein and domestic are made here canada and mexico

Yeah it is really bad, I messed around with my friend on the highway going prob 70 he can floor it and I can floor it in 5th gear(no downshift, yeah I know its bad for it) and I will still pull away from him

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Yeah I blame it on my dumbass neighbor he ran a credited ASE shop out of his garage, he used to work for toyota. This guy worked on my dads old sentra, the axle fell out when he was driving down the road, after a axle job. Plus many cars both forgein and domestic are made here canada and mexico

Yeah it is really bad, I messed around with my friend on the highway going prob 70 he can floor it and I can floor it in 5th gear(no downshift, yeah I know its bad for it) and I will still pull away from him
    Hardcore Toyota people just have this unchangeable bias that all domestics are garbage now and forever. My family has had GM products for decades, all with nothing more than issues that come with old age, nothing like the gloom and doom people like to speak of.

1986 Oldsmobile Delta 98
    1997 Buick Skylark Custom
    1995 Cadillac DeVille
    2001 Cadillac DeVille
    2008 Cadillac DTS

The 01 Caddy really gave us a headache mechanically during he last month we had it, blowing a head gasket. But hey, the brute reached 155,000 miles before we sold it.

-Chris-

Our list of domestics in the family are the 65 Thunderbird(I hate that damn car for many of reasons) and then my 87 grand national (was my fathers)

This isn't the 90's, American cars are for the most part are just as good if not better than anything else. My parents have had nearly no problems with their 2001 Ford Focus (wrecked in 2006) and their 2006 Ford Five Hundred (still going strong, though I hate that CVT). My sister's Mercury Mountaineer runs strong, and I got coworkers that have had no problems with their late-model Tauruses, Fusions, Chargers, G6's, etc. I don't like the Impala though, I had a bad experience with one. I really wanted either a Malibu or a Fusion as a rental car from Budget yesterday, they were gonna give me a Chrysler 300 instead, but then denied me the car since I don't have a credit card (don't want one either, but looks like I'll need one). Went to Hertz and all they had was Camrys.

-Greg

I'll admit, I'm biased a bit towards liking GMs, but even 90's GM cars weren't THAT bad. A car is only as good as it's taken care of. Some just need more attention than others. My pop's Buick Skylark was the most trouble free car he's had so far (my pops has had the 08 DTS for four months now) despite so many friends telling him it would be a horror story. He put about 75,000 miles on it, had it for five years before getting his first Caddy. Nothing was wrong with the Buick, he just wanted a Cadillac.

-Chris-

Experienced TGC Member
    The Dart is currently only coming with the 1.4L Multi-Air Engine (Turbo version) or the Chrylser 2.0L engine.

The 1.4L Multi-Air engine is pretty cool, if you don't know much about the engine google it because there is a ton of new technology put into those engines including solenoids instead of a camshaft to control valve opening/closing and a number of other things.

On another note, did you happen to notice that Buick had Brembo calipers up front, but crap OEM for the rear?

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

I was wondering about the "Multi-Air" on the Dart...googling it.

I noticed that. Honestly, it won't make a difference. The average FWD car has 80% of the braking handled by the front, unless you're tracking the car ALL the time, those rear calipers will be fine. Plus...expect the Regal only to get better, GM is still "testing the waters" so to speak, expect the GS to receive better suspension, brakes and power over the next few model years.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by dimushor View Post
    this buick is actually Opel Insignia. https://www.google.com/search?hl=ro&...EMzYsgbSpsTECw
    I already knew that. lol hence why I referred it as a German car quoting MRG.

Too bad the Regal isn't getting the same Saab sourced 2.8L V6 twin turbo found in the OPC.

-Chris-