The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: change to synthetic oil?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

change to synthetic oil?

just wanted some feedback on this, my 2006 galant has 127k miles on it, think it would be alright to change to synthetic oil?

Won't hurt. That's all I run ,no problems, no complaints.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You can run it, the only benefit you'll gain are the long intervals between oil changes (5,000-7,000 between oil changes) but as far as protecting the engine, it's far too broken in and worn for the synthetic's benefits. If you do a lot of highway miles, the synthetic's intervals are great.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

^^^ You have to remember about cold start ups, conventional is thicker than synthetic when cooled off overnight, not by much but still.

2nd4G69
    I have been using Amsoil and I've had no problems with it. And you only have to change it every 12,000-15,000 miles which is a big plus. :D

I love amsoil

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

^this

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd4g69 View Post
    i have been using amsoil and i've had no problems with it. And you only have to change it every 12,000-15,000 miles which is a big plus. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    You can run it, the only benefit you'll gain are the long intervals between oil changes (5,000-7,000 between oil changes) but as far as protecting the engine, it's far too broken in and worn for the synthetic's benefits. If you do a lot of highway miles, the synthetic's intervals are great.
    Better oil is always better for the engine. It will provide better lubrication in any condition, and any wear will be more sufficiently covered by the synthetic oil, such as AMSoil.

I just use conventional Valvoline oil. It works just fine, I got over 150K miles on mine. So even if I switched to synthetic, knowing me, I would get an oil change every 3 months/3,000 miles still lol. So whatever you wanna do with your ride, all your choice. My 4G69 calls for 5W-20, but I'm using 5W-30 right now.