The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shift Kit

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Shift Kit

Does anyone have an idea if there is a shift kit available for 9g's? im looking to do more things to my ride. i looks like my options are dwindling down here with not much left to order besides headers and supercharger. let me know id love to have harder faster shifts

9g Baby!

Check with Kartboy. They have bushings that alot of people switch in place of oem because its a better feel. For faster shifts, get a short throw shifter. It lessen the travel of the shift knob making your shift faster.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    ^ I think that only applies to people w/ a manual transmission.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

He has a 9g. Which means he has an auto, and yes shift kits are for automatics. Ever seen muscle cars with automatics shift hard and chirp the tires into each gear?

I don't think they are available for the F4A transmissions. I'm sure your best bet is the 6 speed manual swap that nobody has ponied up to do yet.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member
    Here is a good place to start your search http://www.importperformancetrans.co...ishiauto.shtml I've used the shift kits and end clutch upgrades on 3 of my auto setups before I converted them to manual. Shifting of the trans is more noticable but it will hold power and lots of it. If you like to drive in a straight line it's the way to go but I get bored easy so manual was a must for me at the end of the day lol.
    Last edited by Sleepervr-4; 04-18-2012 at 09:28 AM
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***