The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: anybody have instructions on installing a tachometer?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

anybody have instructions on installing a tachometer?

i bought one and now i need to knw how to find the sensor wire... i need help cuz the shops around here have no clue the most common response i get is " A galnt huh we dont get to many of those i dont think it will fit or thay dont have those for your car..."
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

I've found nothing under "sensor wire" in the service manual. Got another name for what you are looking for? Under "sensor", there is only TPS, and Speed. I know where both of these are but this is not monitoring the engine speed. And nothing under that either. Can't it monitor the spark plug wire or something like that?

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Check the circuit diagrams for how the stock tach is hooked up. Use the same monitoring wires.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i mounted everything this morning and it lights up and i can change the color like the cluster but i have that one green wire just hanging there my girlfriend got in the car and said baby what happened to your car how come that wire is just laying there and i just laughed you gotta love women they loke the finished product but are oblivious about what it takes to get there but oh well... i tried to call mitsubishi but i forgot thay are closed on sunday so im gonna have to wait till i can find it or you guys come up with something... thanks for all you help guys this is great like my own lil help line lol
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Mgalant99
    Post some pics please. What brand did you get and where did you get it from??

I was just doing some reading on the AutoMeter site regarding A/F gauges and found an article regarding tachometers. This sounds like bad news, especially for all the I-4 owners that have coil packs. Theres a link to the article HERE Be sure and click on the link regarding C.O.P. ignitions. Good luck.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

check this out. i know its for an eclispe but they share lots of things, might have waht u are looking for

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.