The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air recirc, A/C illuminated buttons

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Air recirc, A/C illuminated buttons

To put it in a nutshell, those two buttons don't light up anymore when activated- I'm REAL picky and they're the only things that don't work on my car- so do I hafta buy new buttons or can the lightbulb be changed? If so, how do I go abouts doing it?

you have two options. option 1 is to buy the whole button and the unit its held in. i guess you can try picking one up at the junkyard and praying that it works or maybe the dealer. option 2 is a lil bit trickier. you have to figure out how to open up the housing for the button. get that bulb out and find a way to attach a replacement bulb.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

queball
    Option 3 you can buy the bulb from radio shack. I replaced all my lights in the switches, cruise fogs, hazards,defoger, all of them its a little time consumming and you have to watch how your taking the switch apart but you can do it your self OH just make sure you paint the buklb with some nail polish what every color you want other wise you'll have orangle glowing buttons they only need a thin coat. the radio shack part # is #7219 2721092c 12 volts 60ma when you take the bulb out of the switchits on a rubber base just on tangle the wires out of that and put the new one in, in the same maner doing the same thing and the cut off the exess wire.. and be sure when your wrapping the wire back around that rubber base you get it down thew the holes where the rubber peice plugs back into the switc, just look at the old one on how the wire is strung threw there and you'll see what i mean..

AC / Recirc / Hazzard Button

The lights went out on all of mine too. But it seems as if the AC Switch doesn't work at all anymore. When I turn on my fan the AC is automatically on regardless of whether I hit the AC Button or not. Anybody know a website I can get new buttons from at a decent price?

queball

Re: AC / Recirc / Hazzard Button

Quote Originally Posted by Ikudni
    The lights went out on all of mine too. But it seems as if the AC Switch doesn't work at all anymore. When I turn on my fan the AC is automatically on regardless of whether I hit the AC Button or not. Anybody know a website I can get new buttons from at a decent price?

BEFORE you get new buttons make sure your vent selector is not on any of the defrost modes if it is that will cause the AC to come on its supose to act as a dehumitafier.. make sure its of the floor setting or BI-leval or just blowing in your face and now on the window deforst settings..

Good point. Thanks.

I'll check that, you may be right. Also. Would a bad switch make the A/C stay on permanently though? The lights are gone anyway so I wanna replace them although that radioshack fix is temptin.

queball

Re: Good point. Thanks.

I'll check that, you may be right. Also. Would a bad switch make the A/C stay on permanently though? The lights are gone anyway so I wanna replace them although that radioshack fix is temptin.
    Could be a bad switch but i doubt it them switches are pretty simple its just a piece of mettal that slides over some contact on the circut board so even if the switch is messed up you can fix it realy easly my cruise switch would works some times i had to push it 3 or 4 times to get the cruse to come one i just rebent the sliding medal peice and but some more electrical greese on the board and it works percect again i have the same problem with my swindow switchs when i took it apart it was just like the inside of a tv remote i took it a park and cleaned off the rubber contacts and the contacts on the board and it works like new again..

silvergalantguy
    hey guys since were on the subject of dash lights, oh by the way my recirc swith light is out also, i have a 95 G w an auto tranny. you those green lights on the intrument panel to tell you what gear your in, ok when im in drive the green light is out all the others work except that one. does anyone know how to fix that. i always liked how those lights worked but knowing that one doesnt work is eating at me and i want to fix it. thanks for the help.

IllestGalant
    all of my glow lights went out too. When i turn on the headlights the lights didn't glow on the hvac unit, or any button. replaced all the bulbs, okay!!!

Bulb Tip

Thanks for the bulb tip. I checked the button, took it out, took it apart, put it back. The A/C works fine. It may have been in the dehumidifier setting like you said. I just have to paint the new bulbs and put them in. ($3 and change for 4 bulbs instead of $130 for 3 new buttons) I've been asking different women to help me pick out a nail polish cause I don't know jack about it. Isn't there some kind of marker or even touch up paint or somethin I could use??

It worked!

Yo Que. Thanks for the tip. The bulbs work perfect. They're a little bit of a pin in the ass to put in, but it's quick. I didn't even have to paint em. The old bulbs have a colored rubber sheath that i took off and put on the new ones.

One problem remains. I can't get the hazzard button out. Any tips on how to remove this thing without breakin my dash?

queball

Re: It worked!

Yo Que. Thanks for the tip. The bulbs work perfect. They're a little bit of a pin in the ass to put in, but it's quick. I didn't even have to paint em. The old bulbs have a colored rubber sheath that i took off and put on the new ones.

One problem remains. I can't get the hazzard button out. Any tips on how to remove this thing without breakin my dash?
    Umm i just posted instructions on how to get that haz switch out for some one else its in the car problems forum under hazard switch or something liek that i guess it should be at the top of the list now.. thought if you need more help just email me [email protected]

queball

Re: It worked!

Umm i just posted instructions on how to get that haz switch out for some one else its in the car problems forum under hazard switch or something liek that i guess it should be at the top of the list now.. thought if you need more help just email me [email protected] oh yea mine had them damn colored condomws on the lights 2 but mine were all melted to the bulbs to i couldn't get them off in one piece.. thats why i had to resort to the blue finger nail polish its a good thing i have sisters you should try changing the cruise control switch that ones a little bit more tricky its got 2 lights in it..

queball
    don't ask i don't know why or how i posted that 2 times but the first one isn't all there neither.. ???

NinjaWarGod
    I know that this topic stop a long time ago, but any how, the a/c switch that determines if you want a/c on and off, well the it only lights up on ECO why is that? Is there two light bulbs in that one?

Ja.. the AC Button has 2 light bulbs in it.

Question...

Good day all,

hmmm nobody seems to make a mention of problems or ways of getting the A/C and Vent buttons out. Must be an easy process?
    So just unscrew and pull off the face plate ? Do i have to remove my audio deck / or at least the bracket ?

sorry for asking these newbie questions. I dont wanna break anything or find myself stranded.

my the vents lights and A/C lights are out with my Galant.

-Thanks all-

Oh nah bruh.. Just pull out the vent (carefully) and push them out from the back. Then unplug them.

Oh nah bruh.. Just pull out the vent (carefully) and push them out from the back. Then unplug them.
    The plastic surronding the two a/c vents in the middle? : ) wow koolz no screws eh?
    thanks for the response Ikudni.

Yea.. but there are 2 clips and a cable connection to the fresh air interior air vent.. so pull it out very carefully.