The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey eveybody

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Hey eveybody

Hey there am new to the game I pick up a 96 galant for 500 buck it just need brake so i have been looking around to maybe do some mod to it, I was told that the talon and the eclipse some of are the same as the galant what year could i used part for like engine tranny springs stuff like that.

Thank you

Welcome to TGC! Someone with more knowledge than me on the 2G/7G will probably chime in on the exact years, but yes a lot of components can transfer between the 2G Eclipse/Talon and the '94-'98 (7G) Galant.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Before you start doing any mods to it at all make sure all maintainence is done first.Like the timing belt and tune up and things like that.Find out if the balljoint recall was taken care of too.

^^^True to both comments. The second gen eclipse engine and suspension parts do fit the 7G, and you could use a 1st gen eclipse turbo engine and trans....but they are 6 bolt so you would need both because a 6bolt engine wont fit the existing galant trans....assuming you are a 5 speed. But drive and get to know your car, do some searching on this site and I garuntee you will find everything you need to find out here

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

hey welcome to tgc...the 2g/7g components do swap for the most part...but i will agree with everybody up top...btw check the trans and make sure its good cuz i had to do the swap on my auto trans to 5 speed before it died

I wish it was a 5 speed it automatic

Nice welcome

Quote Originally Posted by tbuck23 View Post
    I wish it was a 5 speed it automatic

research the 5 speed swap...I would imagine that it wont be long before you are going to need to swap the trans. Also best mod next to boost...hands down

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Ok i got two question wil any parts off the 99 galant fit on the 96 and i just got around to doing the brakes but i cant get the rotor off is there something i need to do it

did u remove the caliper? lol

it might be rusted on, try knocking it from behind with a mallet

K will try that the caliper come off easy but the rotor willnt come off