The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Riverhead Raceway Modifieds

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Riverhead Raceway Modifieds

If you like nascar, im sure you will like modifieds. Since Nascar is so mainstream, the whelan tour doesnt get as much attention. I am a proud crew member of a decent size team of 9 racecars which consist of 4 modifieds. This past 2 weeks we have been working nonstop everynight to get these cars ready with my team of 2 others for practice today. Heres some pictures of what i have been up to.

Here is the newest car, stripped down to a frame to go over everything.

Here is the #36, this cars winnings are given partially to a program called "Drive for a cure" that donates money for breast cancer research

These 2 cars are owned by a good friend of mine, also named Kyle. He is 17 years old and the kid works his butt off to afford his toys.

This is the engine he just bought to put in his tour car. $20,000. right there. Yes, count it.....there are 4 zeros there.

This is our pits today, installed 4 new engines in 2 weeks. So far these cars have got to be the fastest cars on the racetrack. Our times are .2 seconds faster than last years fastest with brand new tires. The tires we used today were from last year and have over 100 laps on them.

I hope everyone enjoys these pictures, i plan on getting more and possibly some videos and keeping some people updated if they want.

Loving this thread.

Keep it coming!

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

i know youre local, you ever go to the track?

For the thousands of times I've driven by Riverhead Raceway, never been in the place.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Not much of an update but heres the 36 getting new heims got the front end compliments of one of our sponsers. Just going over everything for the first day of the season this saturday! If anybody on li wants to come and show some support. Races start at 530!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    looks really good. i love modifieds
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

It it dirt tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

i should get my ass down to riverhead myself. never been to the racetrack there. how much is it to go and watch a race?
    Last edited by JesterheadGTS; 05-04-2012 at 04:23 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    this is pretty cool, maybe we could set up a meet and catch some races...been to riverhead countless times but never to the racetrack either

Races are usually somewhere around 20-30 per person cash depending on what features there are. they even open up the pits after the last race if you wanna check out the cars. These are asphault moss, id kill myself if they were dirt mods lol, the cleanup on those are horrendous every week lol. I think a, meet would be pretty cool actually. I've seen some delorean clubs come, gotta represent the g game!