The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 galant is out !!! 3.8 v6,sportronic trans,strut bar!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53

2004 galant is out !!! 3.8 v6,sportronic trans,strut bar!

hear is the link!
    http://www.autonews.com/files/ny2003/mitsu...su/galant/1.htm

Mitsubishi's plan for its redesigned 2004 Galant sedan is ambitious: 100,000 sales a year, making it the best selling Mitsubishi in North America.

Toward that end, Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. said it would sell four trim lines -- DE, ES, LS and GTS. Its most basic model will start at less than $19,000.

The 2004 Galant, unveiled at the New York auto show on Wednesday, will feature two engine options: A 160-hp 2.4-liter and a 3.8-liter V-6 engine that produces 230 hp and 250 ft. lb. of torque.

The redesigned 2004 Galant sedan, which is the second vehicle developed off Mitsubishi Motors' mid-sized Project America platform.

The new Galant will be larger than the current model. Sales begin in late fall.

details:
    Toward that end, Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. said it would sell four trim lines -- DE, ES, LS and GTS. Its most basic model will start at less than $19,000.

The 2004 Galant, unveiled at the New York auto show on Wednesday, will feature two engine options: a 160-hp 2.4-liter and a 3.8-liter V-6 engine that produces 230 hp and 250 ft. lb. of torque. The Galant DE, with the 2.4-liter engine and automatic transmission, is expected to start at less than $19,000, the automaker said.

The Galant ES, expected to start at less than $20,000, includes cruise control and upgraded interior lighting.

Mitsubishi starts offering the V-6 with the Galant LS, which has a Sportronic automatic/manual transmission and traction control. The LS will start at less than $22,000.

The Galant GTS features a mesh sport grille, custom taillights and 17-inch alloy wheels. It also has a leather-trimmed interior, a premium audio system, and a color information display in the upper center dash panel.
    The new design has a more spacious interior than its predecessor, Mitsubishi said.

The new Galant was designed in California and engineered in Michigan and Japan. It will be built in Illinois.

Length: more than 190 inches
    Width: 72.4 inches
    Wheelbase: 108.3 inches

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

I think it's big and fugly lookin', I won't be buying another galant

I have already been thinking of trading off the one I have as soon as im not upside down on my loan anymore, I want more power and a manual transmission, I didn't think I would miss shifting, but I do :?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Maz pretty much summed it up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'></div>
    well that kind of ruins TGCs future :cry:

only people that will buy that are 70 year old grandpas

and how in the world do they think that "THING" will be the best selling car of Mitsu America?!?!?!? Mitsus screwed up before, ok many times, but this is just about the last straw.

They put some descent power into both the v6 and i4, but that nose! it hidious! looks just like the newer diamantes noses, just uglier...

o yah, and how much does the 9g weigh? 5000lbs? sure looks like it...

[/rant]
    7g for life!

After the 18th, I think there should be another Photoshop contest, but use one of the above pics. Seriously!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!

Ewww......get it off, get it off......yuck
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

balln8g
    :pukey: Thank god I wasn't planning on buying a 9G as my next car.

Initial -G-host
    That pretty much confirms i'll be keeping my 7g. I am very disappointed....the design looks like another Altima,Maxima, and Accord. Well....imma hug my 7g

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Initial -G-host)</div><div class='quotemain'> Well....imma hug my 7g </div>

AMEN

As I said in the other topic...I like it, and will seriously consider purchasing one wehn Todd and I get our finances together

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Initial -G-host
    Don't get me wrong...I am sure Mitsubishi refined the 9g to be directly competative to the Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 and even the Camry. I am just very disappointed on the design....especially the Galant was known from being more a refreshing designed car in the Midsize car catagory through the past years....but the 9g just looks like another spinoff the Altima,Maxima,Accord and Camry body. Plus...I am not feeling the fact the Midsize car catagory is getting bigger and heavier.

toc8g
    Well I am buying it!!! I like it! :thumbsup: I have always liked all models Galants. I am keeping the 8G and will have a new 9G!! HAHAHA!! Guys I am a Galant Lover!! Not just a 8G lover or 7G Lover!!

BlueESV6
    Is it my imagination or are the cars getting larger? Seems like it's migrating towards the larger side of mid size....

TGC Regular
    nothing a little body kit can't fix. someone should photoshop something onto it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Initial -G-host)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't get me wrong...I am sure Mitsubishi refined the 9g to be directly competative to the Accord, Altima, Mazda 6 and even the Camry. I am just very disappointed on the design....especially the Galant was known from being more a refreshing designed car in the Midsize car catagory through the past years....but the 9g just looks like another spinoff the Altima,Maxima,Accord and Camry body. Plus...I am not feeling the fact the Midsize car catagory is getting bigger and heavier.</div>

I would drive a Mazda 6 before that thing any day, its not that huge and comes in a 5 speed :?

I once had a '89 Mazda 626 with a 5 speed and I loved it, it ran forever, it had 270,000 miles on it when I finally got rid of it and it still ran great.

Titanium2K2
    I don't know why everyone is bashing the new Galant. I think everyone is getting the impression that the Galant is supposed to be a sports car with superior aerodynamics and asphalt tearing hp. Wake up everybody it's not. It's classified as a mid sized family sedan. There's nothing sporty about a midsize car unless you go up an upper class model ( GTZ, GTS, TYPE S, SE, ETC) and pretty much all you get with that is a firmer suspension, sometimes larger wheels and a slight hp increase.
    The interior looks good imo, though it sort of resembles the endeaver in a way. There's defintely more room to accomodate more people. The Altima set the standard for midsize sedans as far as power and size and others followed suit. It was pretty obvious that Mitsubishi had to come up with a bigger and stronger car to compete with the likes of Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. Although the grill design looks the designers took off the endeaver's front end and slapped it on the galant, there's always a front end kit that can easily replace that. Personally, I like it and seriously considering it or the Endeavor as our next vehicle. That's my .02

Jimmy

I like it.
    a lot.

except for the "beak" nose that mitsu is placing on all its cars, it looks great to me.

also, the 3.8 is a hella nice engine. And the chassis (which is currently being used for the endeavor) is outstanding. easily the nicest domestically produced mitsu ever in terms of N.V.H and strength.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i need to test drive it to make up my mind on it.
    -Pedro

Needs a new front end.
    Love,
    Matt

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Needs a new Â*front end.</div>

needs a whole new body the engine ill keep tough.
    - Atba

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast