The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 galant is out !!! 3.8 v6,sportronic trans,strut bar!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 53
    Dilemma
    eep. Nice new features.

HiperSilver
    shit, that car is a disgrace, change the name to diamante and itll pass,

First its too big, the back end goes up to far and too high, frotn end is ugly. 3.8 capable of 230 horse? Damn Mitsu is using the Domestic theory of up the displacement if you want make power with a smaller motor. and 250 torque is pathetic.

Tiller
    not sure what all the hateing is about... it looks pretty decent... and you got more power which is what everyone was bitching about...

I'm sure none of you fucktards were planning on getting one anyhow... so quit your fuckin whineing...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure none of you fucktards were planning on getting one anyhow... so quit your fuckin whineing... Â*</div>

such a wonderful attitude

HiperSilver
    sorry 80 year old man, if you like go buy, i personaly hate it. did it really need .8 more displacement to get a bump in horsepower. Mitsu is slackin on the engines biiiiiig time. Instead of building a bigger engine, try make some potential out of the v6 or i4, aka better tuning, DOHC, better trans, tons of potential, just build the engine a little. God forbid mitsu builds a trans , last thing we need them doing. if i remmeber correctly i have a broken 7g waiting to be built for nitrous and boost, hopefully then i wont have to deal with another broken ass trans. only car they got going for them is the EVO 8, and thats all

Tiller
    i agree they could have tuned the current 3.0 to get more power from it, but Mitsu is not on the steadiest of ground, and it's more cost effective to swap a motor that they already have...

I will NEVER buy another Mitsu again... not that i do not like my Galant, i'm just ready for something alot more expensive the next time around... and once you buy a 50,000 car, you pretty much have the opportunity to keep buying in the price range, cause those cars tend to hold their value alot better than the mid range cars, (especially Mitsu)...

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sure none of you fucktards were planning on getting one anyhow... so quit your fuckin whineing... Â*</div>

such a wonderful attitude </div>

Sounds like everyone elses attitude about the 9G

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>not sure what all the hateing is about... it looks pretty decent... and you got more power which is what everyone was bitching about...

I'm sure none of you fucktards were planning on getting one anyhow... so quit your fuckin whineing... Â*</div>

I agree with Tiller on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, you guys aren't fucktards though, but its more powerful, quit a bit, then what ours all came with stock

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Rasko Da Gama
    :scary: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What is "the profit" of more powerfull engine if the car looks so funny?
    I can't imagine myself driving with this 5000lbs "Elephatnt like" - VAN :nope:
    No, seriously... I think this is a risky step that MMC did. Galants are writen in auto history as very popular and reliable family sedans, offering many "goodies" and the most important thing - the are really beautifull cars, all G's....... :arrow: :idea: Till now... MMC made diferent deisgned and shaped car, and with so many doubts allready, just here on TGC, then it's future is no longer a secret...

But we can help !
    We can Photoshop the car

Senior TGC Member
    Well then again I remember when the redesigned nose for the 02 Galants came out...it was slammed initially and then people grew to liking it. Same with the Altima...it grew on (some) people. I'm sure for every 10 that hates the 9g, 1 will love it.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Faction
    i like the interior, but the steering wheel is ugly

Tiller
    you guys are too much... 5000lb van...? really, c'mon now... i'm sure it hasn't gained any weight besides what the larger engine added...

in a year 90% of these people bashing it, will have changed their tune...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i just made the 5000lb comment cause it looks like its built like a tank

i dunno, the more i look at it the more it looks "ok" i just really want to see it in person.
    7g for life!

jesus, people... i have to say that most of you dont have a clue!

Mitsu was in the red for YEARS producing small, turbocharged AWD cars.. people rave about them, and no one bought them.

You know why these cars are being built the way they are? because people are FINALLY buying them.
    230 HP is fine, and the 250 ft-lbs of torque is what people are gonna notice.
    High tech, screaming revs, 6 speed autos... these are nice things that NO ONE buys.
    People like big and simple for the most part.

HiperSilver
    if your old you like big and simple.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>if your old you like big and simple.</div>
    no, if you buy you like big and simple.

Remember, ive worked for mitsu for almost 11 years.. and NO ONE bought the small, sporty cars they had.
    and at one time, almost EVERY car they sold had a turbo version, and a lot had AWD versions.
    the starion was turbocharged... and barely sold.
    the cordia/tredia had a turbo version.. and barely sold.
    the mirage had a turbo version.. and barely sold.
    the eclipse and galant.. turbos, and although more of these sold than others, they STILL barely scratched the market.
    the 3000GT.. the non turbo outsold the turbo 3 to 1.
    the list keeps going and going.
    The turbo AWD eclipse (the best selling mitsu turbo car ever) accounted for 4 percent of the total eclipse sales.. not worth it by any means, if you look at the bottom line (especially if you figure in the fact that the turbo AWD cars cost 30 percent more on a warranty basis).
    There are PLENTY of small sporty cars on the market if thats what you want. However, youll notice that there are very few of these suckers on the road.

For the most part, todays consumers want SUVs. They like big, and thats what they buy.

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>if your old you like big and simple.</div>
    no, if you buy you like big and simple.

Remember, ive worked for mitsu for almost 11 years.. and NO ONE bought the small, sporty cars they had.
    and at one time, almost EVERY car they sold had a turbo version, and a lot had AWD versions.
    the starion was turbocharged... and barely sold.
    the cordia/tredia had a turbo version.. and barely sold.
    the mirage had a turbo version.. and barely sold.
    the eclipse and galant.. turbos, and although more of these sold than others, they STILL barely scratched the market.
    the 3000GT.. the non turbo outsold the turbo 3 to 1.
    the list keeps going and going.
    The turbo AWD eclipse (the best selling mitsu turbo car ever) accounted for 4 percent of the total eclipse sales.. not worth it by any means, if you look at the bottom line (especially if you figure in the fact that the turbo AWD cars cost 30 percent more on a warranty basis).
    There are PLENTY of small sporty cars on the market if thats what you want. However, youll notice that there are very few of these suckers on the road.

For the most part, todays consumers want SUVs. They like big, and thats what they buy.</div>

Its good to have someone with knowledge on the board like Manybrews,.. even if we don't all always agree. Your knowledge of Mitsubishi is something I have learned to trust.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>if your old you like big and simple.</div>
    Old aint got nothing to do with it. If you have a Galant most people think its a grocery getter already!

Actually, the interior and the rear is pretty sweet, but the front needs approvements. Put a body kit on it and a new hood and it would look sweet. Here is the links of the rear and the interior
    http://<a href="http://a332.g.akamai....i.galant/</a>

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www...subishi.galant/ [/url]
    I had a 2001 Dover Pearl White Galant GTZ totaled it in 04

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1549311946

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    i dont think the 9G will have any aftermarket support, unlike the new Maxima which is going to be sick..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

roman
    everytime any company comes up with a new, or redesigned, model of car, there are complains
    IMO 2K4 Galant looks pretty good and just as good as any other "remodeled" car on the market
    give it a few years and people won't even think about our 6 and 7G's and will think that 9G is the bomb compared with 10G(if there will be one)

I can speak from my own experience, in a way, I like 95-99 Eclipses over the new ones, actualy, I think that new eclipses from 2K and on are the ugliest cars on the road after new Mini and Cadilac CTS ... aside from point, it took me little bit of time to get used to new Eclipses and now I can look at them(hey it's a start )

so give it some time, most of "remodeled" cars spring these talks of how ugly they are

in a way, I think it is better when companies remodel older cars and give them new names: like new Nissan 300ZX is no longer 300ZX and now is 350 and list goes on

I guess my point is, most of us are used to the older versions of cars, so it will take most people some time to "adjust" to new or remodeled versions of older cars; or, to make it beter on consumers, it's beter for companies to remodel and give new name to an older car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast