The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 galant is out !!! 3.8 v6,sportronic trans,strut bar!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 53 of 53
    mbssbm
    with a 230hp V6 I'm thinking engine swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe it won't be so bad after all.

TGC Regular
    The 9G looks alright. I wouldn't buy one though, not because the way it looks, just because I would never buy another mitsubishi. Resale value on mitsubishi is among the worst and ranks right up there with Ford, Kia and other junk cars.

Manybrews, I see what your saying. Most of the people that buy cars wants what mitsu is designing. Makes perfect sense to me. I know I see a ton of 8gs on the road....But when is Mitsu going to compete with Honda & Toyota for reliability and resale value! I know that is something I should have paid attention to when I bought my galant. Although I have had no out of ordinary repair costs, but car is worth basically nothing! It discourages me from every buying a mitsubishi unless it is worth some money after a year of owning it...

If I was going to look at another car right now for mid 20s, I would be buying an Accord EX Coupe V6 or Camry Solara...just my IMO.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud Galant Driver
    nothing a little body kit can't fix. someone should photoshop something onto it.
    with our 8g since it debuted in 99 still dont have a bolt on kit. and they sure is not making one for the 9G anytime soon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bstnsportsfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G looks alright. I wouldn't buy one though, not because the way it looks, just because I would never buy another mitsubishi. Resale value on mitsubishi is among the worst and ranks right up there with Ford, Kia and other junk cars. Â*

Manybrews, I see what your saying. Most of the people that buy cars wants what mitsu is designing. Makes perfect sense to me. I know I see a ton of 8gs on the road....But when is Mitsu going to compete with Honda & Toyota for reliability and resale value! I know that is something I should have paid attention to when I bought my galant. Although I have had no out of ordinary repair costs, but car is worth basically nothing! It discourages me from every buying a mitsubishi unless it is worth some money after a year of owning it...

If I was going to look at another car right now for mid 20s, I would be buying an Accord EX Coupe V6 or Camry Solara...just my IMO.</div>

I would wait 1 or 2 year for used galant. I just can't stand to see the resale value drop like this.

toc8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bstnsportsfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G looks alright. I wouldn't buy one though, not because the way it looks, just because I would never buy another mitsubishi. Resale value on mitsubishi is among the worst and ranks right up there with Ford, Kia and other junk cars. Â*

If I was going to look at another car right now for mid 20s, I would be buying an Accord EX Coupe V6 or Camry Solara...just my IMO.</div>

1. Are you saying we all bought and have junk cars!?
    2. I could care less about resale value because I am keeping it, I don't work my ass off to buy a car and turn around and trade it in for someone else to make money off it. I keep it. Something that cost that amount of money I am keeping forever! As far as my 2000 Galant I hade no problems I never had to take it in while it was under warrenty,..ever. I was completely satisfied. The Car held up well and saved my life when it needed too. So but I think al cars have their problems its just we don't see them because we don't give them as much attention as we do Mitsubishi. Kinda like people who say Dell is better then Gateway or Gateway is better then Dell!!??? Same fucking thing...just different day.

and i agree w/ ya toc 110%, if i got it, i 'm keeping my 02g forever until its paid for 3 years down the road!!! i simply love it, although i wished for a v6, but i'm fine w/ my 4!! nuff said
    Semper Fi'

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiller
    not sure what all the hateing is about... it looks pretty decent... and you got more power which is what everyone was bitching about...

I'm sure none of you fucktards were planning on getting one anyhow... so quit your fuckin whineing...

AAHHHH!!!!! good ol' Tiller,,,,,his replies never seem to amaze me one bit....wel,,like Tillersaid it does have more power... :? :?

Gilhuly
    If you want to buy a Galant, get a 99 or 2000 V6 for 8-10 grand and put the blower and built tranny, headers on.

The way to buy a Mitsubishi is used. They are good equipment, underappreciated in the marketplace because Mitsubishi does stupid stuff like snap on hose clamps and some lady's car starts dripping radiator fluid and overheating at 30k.

IMO: Style comes with generation.

Music: My parents can't stand hip-hop/rock/anything besides oldies.
    Clothes: I can't get my parents to wear clothes that are newer than 80's style.
    Car: My parent's love blocky cars. Roundness is a weakness to them. It could roll forever!

There are generations of cars for a reason, to defiene the meaning of a generation! New generations are different from the past (7g and 8g for example: I don't like the 7g style much, probably because I am younger and more attracted to new styles such as the 8g) The thing now is for generations to work together and establish a link somehow. Consider the 9g as a kid, and the older generations as it's daddy. It can learn much, no?

(to some people this post may make no sense at all. haha. it probably all came out wrong for it to be comprehensible)

escoson
    good way to drag a post out of a 2 month coma!

(im sure ppl are gonna get on this topic again)

VuteqMitsubishiGalantGTZ0

Reasons for bigger stying and engine.

Some of you may know that the 99-03 Galants were build on the ST platform. The generation or model is an ST-41 (ex:Z-28;z-24) Well the new platform is the PS platform. This platform will be the platform for all vehicles made at MMNA in Normal, IL. This includes the PS-U (Endeavor), PS-24 (Eclipse), PS-28 (Eclipse Syder), PS-22 (Dodge status 2dr & Chrysler Seibring 2dr) Models. Including the possibility of the Diamante being places on this platform, or replacing the Diamante all together and making just Galants. So the galant will share the same V6 as the Endeavor. The eclipse in 2005 will share the same engine as the galant as well. So this is the reason for the style change and size of the platform.

Billy

What a POS. (Piece of shit)

I'm glad I found a '01 GTZ because I wouldn't buy the 9G on the best
    day it ever had.
    I'd rather buy a Mazda 6 or wait till '05 when (if) Ford gets their thumb out
    and builds the '05 Mustang concept car.

I wonder if the Mitsu bean counters were hitting the crack pipe when they
    decided they could sell 100k of these POS.
    -- John --
    2001 Black Galant GTZ (Sold 5/18/2015)

Umm Come on Guys its not that bad..... Okay i gave up it is that bad.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123