The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: o2 and ecu questions

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

o2 and ecu questions

Okay so I have looked all over the place and gotten conflicting info. I am looking to find out the best place to install a wide band o2 and should I leave it all the time or just have it installed for tuning the ecu. Now on to the second half for the ecu Isaurio told me to go evo 8 but can i flash it all over to my stock ecu and just add knock sensor since i'm not using and of the evo boost control features from the ecu.

are you 5speed? if so get a manual eclipse ecu and a conversion harness or repin it yourself, then flash the evo rom onto it. ad knock sensor and remove cat and install wideband inplace of second o2 sensor
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I am 5 spd keeping a cat but its a 3" high flow just to pass inspection and where do I get the harness boomslang doesn't have it listed so its s/o And bum hasn't finished then yet

Pm Mat Spd_frk for a harness. He is a little busy with classes but i will give it a try. Best harness by far.

Ok knock sensor on the evo ecu is pin 78. Signal goes to 78 and black goes to ground. Ground Two places. On the ecu screw and on the engine bay. The good thing is the Evo rom the pin is activated making it a plug and play. The galant is there, pin 90 but you need a programer to active the pin. I actived my self you know a few hex code there and there and bam works perfect with my stock pcm.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    I am 5 spd keeping a cat but its a 3" high flow just to pass inspection and where do I get the harness boomslang doesn't have it listed so its s/o And bum hasn't finished then yet

We don't ever plan to stock these harnesses. From a business perspective we simply cannot justify building these harnesses and stocking on a shelf with the low sales volume of them.

We can make the harnesses and we still take orders for them, deposit first, usually 2 week wait before final payment is due once harness is finished.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

^ 1+

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Ok so pm'ed spd_frk on the harness now I can get an eclipse m/t ecu this weekend does anyone have a pinout for the swap strictly a move this wire to here and dont touch the others or is it basicly cut off the plugs and rewire all 70+ wires.

If you get the harness from Spd freak you won't have to cut anything, its al pnp (plug n play)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    If you get the harness from Spd freak you won't have to cut anything, its al pnp (plug n play)
    Not to mention the connectors between the Galant PCM and Eclipse ECM are different so you would need the ECM connectors for the Eclipse to re-pin the harness.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

i have an ecm with the harness if anyone is interested you can just foward it to matt and he can complete it for ya