The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

New Ride

Well after the old Galant suffered an accident I picked this up instead for my daily driver. Not much but let me know what you think.

Congrats! I can't tell but is that a cbr? Also, how many cc?
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Def a Honda prob a 600 nice but not what I would ride.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Congrats! I can't tell but is that a cbr? Also, how many cc?
    It's actually a Hyosung GT250R it's my first bike so I figure why kill myself on it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Def a Honda prob a 600 nice but not what I would ride.
    What type of bikes do you like?

I accually own 2 r1's 03 & 05 I've always been a Yamaha guy with a breif moment of owning a Honda 954 rr my fav Honda. But the Yamaha is a better bike all around and their sexy as fuck too. A 250 is a good choice If your a first time rider you don't wanna go anything more than a 600 their fairly easy to control and pack enough power for your needs. Just be safe and keep your head on a swivel it's not the rider all the time as much as the other assholes on the road i can't count how many times I almost ate it because of some butt head doing something stupid. Good luck bro
    Last edited by deeznutz; 04-24-2012 at 06:58 PM

I think the R1 is gorgeous I Sen a black one on gold wheels I was like dayummm
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Nice pickup. Glad to see someone picking up something small for their first bike. You'll thank yourself for it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Nice pickup. Glad to see someone picking up something small for their first bike. You'll thank yourself for it later.
    Yup. You'll always crash or lay down your first bike.

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Yes they are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe (G8) View Post
    100% truth

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    I accually own 2 r1's 03 & 05 I've always been a Yamaha guy with a breif moment of owning a Honda 954 rr my fav Honda. But the Yamaha is a better bike all around and their sexy as fuck too. A 250 is a good choice If your a first time rider you don't wanna go anything more than a 600 their fairly easy to control and pack enough power for your needs. Just be safe and keep your head on a swivel it's not the rider all the time as much as the other assholes on the road i can't count how many times I almost ate it because of some butt head doing something stupid. Good luck bro
    Niiiiiiice I've heard those are insanely fast and they look nasty. So far the fastest bike I've ridden was a zx6 and I decided I would probably kill myself on that pretty fast with no riding experience and I appreciate the advice I picked up full gear since we have some stupid assholes down here. I get kids trying to race me at stoplights all the time in civics and shit lol. I'll probably upgrade after a season or so.

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    It truly is a beautiful bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Let's hope so it feels pretty quick for a 250 tbh at least compared to the cbr250 and ninja 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (G8) View Post
    So I've heard but I'm trying my best to avoid that

So is that a good brand. I seen one and thought it was nice but I know nothing about the hyosungs
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    So is that a good brand. I seen one and thought it was nice but I know nothing about the hyosungs
    For the price and for a 250 hell yes, Only complaint is it's a bit large compared to most 250's but I still love it.

What's the top speed on those? I know they aren't going to be wicked fast, but my friend swears that the top speed of a 250 is between 70-75. Is there truth to that? PR is he the dumbass. I thought he was.

Im sure a 250 can faster than 75.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

That's what I said. Cause I have been looking for a starter bike. But he swears that it will struggle on 75. Idk... that's why I'm asking the owner of one. Lol

That's what I said. Cause I have been looking for a starter bike. But he swears that it will struggle on 75. Idk... that's why I'm asking the owner of one. Lol
    Hahaha... I can't say anything about Ninja's or CBR's but I've hit 150 on the highway pretty quick so I beg to differ with that top speed 75 shit lol. I've heard tons of people say stuff about having trouble keeping up on the freeway etc but honestly I easily outrun traffic on it. Usually when people say stuff like that they're trying to convince themselves they need a bigger bike, Typically guys like that start and crash on 650-1000 CC bikes.

I highly recommend them here is a video to show what I'm talking about speed wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWYD...re=b-rec-topic

I just came! You just made that an easier choice for me. Lol

I just came! You just made that an easier choice for me. Lol
    I'm telling you it's pretty quick for a 250! I'll see what I can max it out at eventually. Plus if you want more speed there are tons of mods you can do to get some extra horsepower. Not going to bullshit and say it's the fastest bike out there but it's certainly not slow and it's not a damn 75 mph scooter lol

Was that MPH or KPH? Didn't look like 150 MPH to me, if it was 150 KPH, that's around 93 MPH, plenty fast enough still and acceleration looked good. Seems like a great starter choice!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The Ninja 250 (at least the 07 and back) would top out right around 100 mph, somewhere between 98 and 103 iirc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast