The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nozzle sticking out of the Lower Intake Manifold

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Nozzle sticking out of the Lower Intake Manifold

Hello Everyone!

Thank you for the help with the Crankshaft Pulley question!

I have a couple of questions.

1) There is a small nozzle (timing belt side) that is attached to the lower intake manifold that appears to be some kind of oil return from the valve head? What is its purpose as it seems to be draining oil into the lower intake?

I have attached a picture.

2.) I am getting ready to seal up my valve covers. I have new gaskets and RTV Sealant. Do I use the sealant between the cover and the gasket and then again on the seat of the cover (the actual valve head rim)? What is the best way to apply the sealant?

Not sure what that could be, never went that deep with my V6, I'm sure someone will know and post soon.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Get your self an oil catch can, the hose from the pcv valve to the catch can then from the catch can back to the lower mani problem solved... Apply the RTV like your baking a cake find your culinary skills and go to work too much is no good try to be neat like so
    Last edited by deeznutz; 04-25-2012 at 06:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Get your self an oil catch can, the hose from the pcv valve to the catch can then from the catch can back to the lower mani problem solved... Apply the RTV like your baking a cake find your culinary skills and go to work too much is no good try to be neat like so
    I am slightly confused about the catch can part? Regardless what exactly is that nozzle sticking out of the lower intake manifold and what is supposed to be connected on a stock motor?

That goes to the pcv valve on the timing belt side of the front valve cover via a hose connection. Didn't you take it apart if you can't remember where stuff goes back maybe you should take pics before you disassemble so you know where things are supposed to be...

^ that's what I do
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

^^^Your a smart fella lol

Icon5

That goes to the pcv valve on the timing belt side of the front valve cover via a hose connection. Didn't you take it apart if you can't remember where stuff goes back maybe you should take pics before you disassemble so you know where things are supposed to be...

I did take pictures. I was more interested in whether or not oil was supposed to be running through it and what its exact purpose was.

A simple google search will hinder your answer do some homework dude I've done mine! And it is normal to get oil in the lower mani if it bothers you do as suggested (oil catch can)

I'll take a slice of that cake!

Clean bro, very clean.

I try my brother I try

A simple google search will hinder your answer do some homework dude I've done mine! And it is normal to get oil in the lower mani if it bothers you do as suggested (oil catch can)
    Hinder my answer...It did indeed hinder ...

hin·der 1 (hndr)
    v. hin·dered, hin·der·ing, hin·ders
    v.tr.
    1. To be or get in the way of.
    2. To obstruct or delay the progress of.
    v.intr.
    To interfere with action or progress.

I did my homework and and the outcome was a useful resource, Thegalantcenter.org! I came here after trying to inform myself via many searches. Being new to this forum, I find it very rude and uninviting that you would insist that "I do some homework dude." Nonetheless, I will continue researching since no one that has read this post can provide the reasoning from an engineering and logical standpoint as to why this hose leads into the lower intake manifold. I do appreciate the catch can resolution.

Just trying to help you out. Deeznuts answered your questions pretty good, but maybe you didn't see the answer, so I'm doing this to help you out, any other questions just ask. We'll try to answer them.

Your First Question
    Quote Originally Posted by ImarStudios View Post
    1) There is a small nozzle (timing belt side) that is attached to the lower intake manifold that appears to be some kind of oil return from the valve head? What is its purpose as it seems to be draining oil into the lower intake?

I have attached a picture.

The Answer:
    That goes to the PCV Valve on the timing belt side of the front valve cover via a hose connection...

Your Second Question
    2.) I am getting ready to seal up my valve covers. I have new gaskets and RTV Sealant. Do I use the sealant between the cover and the gasket and then again on the seat of the cover (the actual valve head rim)? What is the best way to apply the sealant?
    The Answer
    ...Apply the RTV like your baking a cake find your culinary skills and go to work too much is no good try to be neat like so

Your new post
    ...Nonetheless, I will continue researching since no one that has read this post can provide the reasoning from an engineering and logical standpoint as to why this hose leads into the lower intake manifold...
    From Wikipedia.com
    The PCV valve is only one part of the PCV system, which is essentially a variable and calibrated air leak, whereby the engine returns its crankcase combustion gases. Instead of the gases being vented to the atmosphere, gases are fed back into the intake manifold, to re-enter the combustion chamber as part of a fresh charge of air and fuel. The PCV system just diverts a small percentage of this air via the breather to the crankcase before allowing it to be drawn back in to the intake tract again. It is an "open system" in that fresh exterior air is continuously used to flush contaminants from the crankcase and into the combustion chamber.

Hope this helps.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT