I just started my engine build it will be

6bolt 63t head block head and internals, 2g o2 and header, small 16g,

I'm excited :-)
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    i should be on a dyno by the end of may lol. Too much stuff going on right now and i'm still missing some parts i want in there before i see a tunner. Expensive is Not even the word.. I miss my money :(
    JAJAJA. that Money is way gone buddy.
    But hey, you have a sexy as built.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member
    This really should be evaluated differently.

Who has a boosted setup, and who is all motor.

Making big power with boost is easy, making respectable power with all motor takes a lot of research and skill.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    , I believe it was a certain turbo V6 pushing 531whp.
    Man that reminds me that I don't miss WarmandSCI at all...

I wouldn't doubt my being near the top. I mean, I've got to pushing 90.
    Last edited by Blue8g; 04-28-2012 at 11:01 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    lol it would be cool to build another engine i just gets expensive lol
    Yeah I know, I can imagine it can how much it cost $$$

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    This really should be evaluated differently.

Who has a boosted setup, and who is all motor.

Making big power with boost is easy, making respectable power with all motor takes a lot of research and skill.
    Well it depends on the tuner, some guys will take an OEM motor and throw a turbo and intercooler on and make decent power (not that difficult).
    Other guys who go turbo will get into a more involved build using: forged internals, upgrading valves & lifters, cams, port & polish head & IM, larger diameter TB, modified ECU, and a good tune. Not to mention all the turbo components that have to be installed when you have a serious build.
    NA builds are difficult to make respectable HP, but shouldn't be regarded as being anymore difficult when it comes to the research and skill involved in comparison to those guys who do a fully built turbo motor. I think they are equally respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    I wouldn't doubt my being near the top. I mean, I've got to pushing 90.
    Oh yeah, man how could we have left you out of this??? LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Well it depends on the tuner, some guys will take an OEM motor and throw a turbo and intercooler on and make decent power (not that difficult).
    Other guys who go turbo will get into a more involved build using: forged internals, upgrading valves & lifters, cams, port & polish head & IM, larger diameter TB, modified ECU, and a good tune. Not to mention all the turbo components that have to be installed when you have a serious build.
    NA builds are difficult to make respectable HP, but shouldn't be regarded as being anymore difficult when it comes to the research and skill involved in comparison to those guys who do a fully built turbo motor. I think they are equally respectable.
    Building horsepower with a turbo is simple, and easy which is why there are more building for turbo than N/A. You build the block with forged parts, a certain cylinder head, throw a specific turbo on it, fuel system, tune it and go. Heck, look at the power of some of the 4cyl guys on the Galant/Eclipse platform running stock blocks and are making more than most of the "modified" V6 motors.

It is comparing apples and oranges when talking about horsepower between an N/A motor and boosted motor, especially given this specific platform. Saying that building a turbo setup is about the same as building an N/A setup is not 100% correct. Look at the wealth of information for building a turbo setup on the Galant/Eclipse 4cyl platforms. The V6 platform has never really reached the level of information simply because the 4cyl platform has a huge outlet platform called the Evo. Now, try and find the same amount of detailed information for building either motor for an N/A setup and see how many of those exist within the community, AND can make close or respectable HP numbers in comparison to even a stock block 4cyl turbo setup.

HP is not the only thing to focus on either, if you want a dyno queen then sure, build and focus only on making the largest HP numbers. Building a real world daily driven setup requires some focus on the powerband and acheiving maximum torque without it dropping off drastically once it has been reached. The MIVEC platform can acheive a large amount of peak torque in both an N/A or boosted form, but depending on how it is being tuned this torque can peak and fall off, or it can make the maximum torque efficiently across the RPM range.

www.blackheartmotors.net

making power on a n/a engine and a turbo engine is the same thing. all the internal parts of a engine are the same or can be the same. there are just a few extra parts on a turbo motor. just a lot more hp/tq potential with turubo/supercharger setups.

you can take a n/a engine thats fully maxed out and build a turbo setup for it and make even more power.

n/a is not the only or the best way to go for daily driving it all depends on personal preference.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    making power on a n/a engine and a turbo engine is the same thing. all the internal parts of a engine are the same or can be the same. there are just a few extra parts on a turbo motor. just a lot more hp/tq potential with turubo/supercharger setups.

you can take a n/a engine thats fully maxed out and build a turbo setup for it and make even more power.

n/a is not the only or the best way to go for daily driving it all depends on personal preference.
    Correct, however as I originally posted in this thread...it should be evaluated differently.

The question asked is who has the highest HP here? Basically this eliminates any of the N/A builds that may be within this community strictly because of those running a boosted setup...get what I am saying?

Never said N/A was best for any, all that was stated was about the build's configuration and how they are generally built for peak HP numbers because people want those bragging rights. People are slowly starting to learn that havin peak HP is not the best thing for a street/track vehicle. You either have one or the other, however with the tuning, and provided your tuner does a good job, you can have a bit of both.

Taking an N/A motor and adding a turbo to it, still classifies it as a boosted setup. This is just a new method people are doing with a high compression build to eliminate the out of boost "lack of response."

HP is not the only thing to focus on either, if you want a dyno queen then sure, build and focus only on making the largest HP numbers. Building a real world daily driven setup requires some focus on the powerband and acheiving maximum torque without it dropping off drastically once it has been reached.

www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Matt I get what you're saying about the categorizing of the two HP wise, because its like comparing an athlete on Steroids vs a normal athlete. But youre original post made it seem like guys who have done an NA build have a lot more "skills" as you put it vs someone who does a turbo build. I'd say that for this platform someone doing an NA build (I4/V6) has to be more resourceful due to the lack of research done up until now, but the amount of skill involved in building either setup (Turbo/NA) is equally matched.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

barry bonds vs. Hank Aaron

I to am interested in the separated categories

Me I'm a lil of both

i get what your saying but as far as n/a setups there are pretty much 3 people as far as galant that have done focused n/a builds. i dont think i/h/e is considered an build. that would be mysticj boostzelot and myself.

yes i think it should be counted of course but as a separate category it doesnt make much sense. it could probably just be noted.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I approve the separated categories as it will make this a thread that shows exactly what potential any given set of mods will produce it will show newbies the potential of a tuned I/h/e setup. Because I expect my OEM Frankenstein sixbolt may make more power than a better or more expensive NA build

That being said separate the categories so that they may be compared that way we may see the power gap vs mods done and further research the potential of our cars. As well as give newbs a guideline of what to expect as the modify their G's

my mark is 250whp and with the parts I have I feel it is reasonable ... we shall see

Me I'm a lil of both

im at 147 crank hp all motor so far but soon to be turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12