The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hi everyone here from the high desert in cali

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 80 of 80
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlue-G View Post
    That's so dope!
    Thanks man she still have a lil more work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    sup guys,well i read on here the tut on the rear brake conversion,guess what im doing this weekend since im bed bound for the moment (damn flu).also did some searching on here for the rotors that i was wanting for a while and saw that r1concepts was a vendor here,i called up steven and he was great,answered all my questons and the delivery was quick,ordered my f/r drilled and slotted rotors and rear pads on the 14th and guess what showed up at my door today at about 430,yep my stuff.cant wait to put them on but still have some work to do with calipers,some cleaning and painting.need some suggestions,red or black on the calipers,would appreciate any info.thanks
    Nice! Red calipers are painfully overdone. And black will not show much, go for a color that will pop a lil bit behind the wheels but that wont clash with your paint and wheels.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member
    thanks for the info ivory,i was thinking the same about the red caliper is a lil played out,but now i cant decide what color to go with.if i go with a silver it should pop a lil dont you think?lmk

Frony needs more.low.im lower than that on coils but so far so good. Interesting rear suspension setup
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

thanks for the info ivory,i was thinking the same about the red caliper is a lil played out,but now i cant decide what color to go with.if i go with a silver it should pop a lil dont you think?lmk
    Yeah Silver would be a nice choice
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks

News?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    News?
    ???

???
    Any updates with your car???
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member
    Any updates with your car???
    My bad yes I did go with the red caliper and gloss black bracket also did a manual swap. Wanting to do the dohc swap too but debating because of our stupid smog laws here in Cali. You know what I'm talking about.Damn California!! Hahah. She's about to go to the body shop and get a fresh new coat on her in about another month so I think I might do the swap before she gets painted.
    Last edited by coconut; 02-25-2013 at 12:00 AM

Smog ain't so bad when you know peoples!

I always hear east coast guys talking about inspections for lighting and other shit they wont mod their cars for. I've yet to be inspected for anything except smog. My tahoe passes its bone stock, the G's have a place to go for 100 a pop
    and then im good for 2 years.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

My bad yes I did go with the red caliper and gloss black bracket also did a manual swap. Wanting to do the dohc swap too but debating because of our stupid smog laws here in Cali. You know what I'm talking about.Damn California!! Hahah. She's about to go to the body shop and get a fresh new coat on her in about another month so I think I might do the swap before she gets painted.
    Yeah I know what you mean, you would prob pass SMOG on the computer but not visual inspection. Even with 5 speed, unless you do the ECU fix, you wont pass SMOG either due to the CEL. Your paint didnt look bad in the pix, was there something wrong with it? Or did you change bumpers or something?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Smog ain't so bad when you know peoples!

I always hear east coast guys talking about inspections for lighting and other shit they wont mod their cars for. I've yet to be inspected for anything except smog. My tahoe passes its bone stock, the G's have a place to go for 100 a pop
    and then im good for 2 years.

In MD, it's a little better because we only do a safety inspection once, when the car is purchased or registered, but yes, some places will fail you if you don't have your lights right or your reflectors right. You have to have a red reflector visible from both the rear and from the side in the rear (which is why technically JDM tails won't pass) and an amber reflector visible from the side in the front (which is why technically JDM heads won't pass). A lot of times people overlook that, but G-code88 out in Delaware had his car fail a safety inspection from those very things. PA and VA do safety inspections every two years IIRC along with emissions (smog).

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^^^exactly what I mean. Even when we purchase a car theres no inspection. At least I've never had to go get a used car inspected. Shit I've been driving 2ith a cracked ass windshield for 2 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    In MD, it's a little better because we only do a safety inspection once, when the car is purchased or registered, but yes, some places will fail you if you don't have your lights right or your reflectors right. You have to have a red reflector visible from both the rear and from the side in the rear (which is why technically JDM tails won't pass) and an amber reflector visible from the side in the front (which is why technically JDM heads won't pass). A lot of times people overlook that, but G-code88 out in Delaware had his car fail a safety inspection from those very things. PA and VA do safety inspections every two years IIRC along with emissions (smog).
    Lawl

In jersey, they dont care about safety. They only care about emissions.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Experienced TGC Member
    Yeah I know what you mean, you would prob pass SMOG on the computer but not visual inspection. Even with 5 speed, unless you do the ECU fix, you wont pass SMOG either due to the CEL. Your paint didnt look bad in the pix, was there something wrong with it? Or did you change bumpers or something?
    visual i wont have a problem with,i got some coonections lol,but as far as the cel ,i will be sending my computer to Isario for the patch and as far as the paint it looks awsome for the year it is but i did take the full body kit off and at the time i installed it i riveted the side skirts and part of the rear bumper so now there is holes that need to be filled.FORGOT TO MENTION I PUT MY STOCK BUMPER ON AND ADDED A INTEGRA MUGAN SPOON STYLE LIP ON IT.
    Last edited by coconut; 02-25-2013 at 02:09 PM Reason: FORGOT TO MENTION ADD ONS

in Florida they dont care about no inspection.
    got wheels, lights, and a license plate your GOOD

put more pictures! :)

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gallant View Post
    in Florida they dont care about no inspection.
    got wheels, lights, and a license plate your GOOD

put more pictures! :)
    I will as soon as i get some free time. Working on my 66 VW so it's hard for me to find time and working on other side jobs at the same time.
    Last edited by coconut; 07-09-2013 at 07:40 PM

I have seen this car personally very nice I saw you at MOD 2013 coconut

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galanto1 View Post
    I have seen this car personally very nice I saw you at MOD 2013 coconut
    Thanks you. Still more work needed. Working on brembo front and rear brakes at the moment and tune. Hope to make it to next mod again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234