The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power leather seats from a 2001 GTZ (Air bag possible)

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Power leather seats from a 2001 GTZ (Air bag possible)

Could i install a 2001 GTZ power driver seats and replace my ES manual seats? How would i get the power seats working? (Plus air bags if they have) Are the mounts compatible?
    Last edited by DrunKenG; 05-02-2012 at 08:17 PM

they all mount the same im pretty sure, airbags wouldnt really be possible to get to work i dont think, but power should be pretty easy to run.

is there a special cable adapter i need to use? Or i would have to run it..

pretty sure you will have to run the wires from the battery but not positive.

First, I don't think they come with Airbags. I remember the eclipse leather ones used to come with airbags for a certain model. Secondly, if I remember right, someone on the forum wired his from the fuse box using the ABS fuse location, as the ES usually does come stock with ABS.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    My GTZ has side airbags

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    My GTZ has side airbags
    Which one is yours? 2001?

Sorry for the misinformation, johnygezony is right, they do come with side airbags. You might have to be careful wiring them up, in that case right? Will incorrect wiring cause the airbags to deploy by mistake?

Here's an example of a GTZ with seat airbags -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2003-GA...9c9fab&vxp=mtr

if your car was equipped with side airbags i would think the connectors would be the same. but if it wasn't i would think you would need more than the airbag, you'll probably need at the very least, some sensors for a side airbag deployment

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok.. I'm not going to use the airbags.. but how much power is needed to make the driver seat work?... Today, I witnessed a junkyard attendant deploy (popped) a side airbag of one of my leather seats by hooking up a battery to the wrong (red) connector. Thankfully there was another seat on-site.. $100 for both passenger and driver :)
    Last edited by DrunKenG; 05-06-2012 at 12:32 AM

Id hate to bring this up from sitting so long, can anyone let me know how exactly to go about installing power seats(w sideairbags+motor track) im only interested in getting the motor to work(I don't have side air bags nor am I interested in finding out how to get them to work). I currently have power running from the battery to my amp in the trunk, I was thinking is it possible of doing a split(like a Y) back in the trunk area and bringing power to my seat from the trunk(its a 4 gauge it was pretty fat so maybe that draws enough power to feed the seat motor and amp together). As for my other concern how much power should I be give the seat and should I just run a wire straight from a split to the seat or place a fuse of some kind in between.

Quote Originally Posted by 02galantes View Post
    Id hate to bring this up from sitting so long, can anyone let me know how exactly to go about installing power seats(w sideairbags+motor track) im only interested in getting the motor to work(I don't have side air bags nor am I interested in finding out how to get them to work). I currently have power running from the battery to my amp in the trunk, I was thinking is it possible of doing a split(like a Y) back in the trunk area and bringing power to my seat from the trunk(its a 4 gauge it was pretty fat so maybe that draws enough power to feed the seat motor and amp together). As for my other concern how much power should I be give the seat and should I just run a wire straight from a split to the seat or place a fuse of some kind in between.
    no, just no. do NOT run any kind of Y from your power wire. you will create a resistance spot and if you dont want your car to end up like a piece of burnt toast then i wouldnt suggest that. run a 12-14 gauge wire from the battery along that power wire and put a fusible link about a foot from the battery. i would assume it draws somewhere around 25-30 amps. maybe look online for a wiring schematic to see the designated fuse size for that circuit. then run another wire to the bolt that holds the rear portion of the seat track as a ground. if your switch works correctly it should move foreward and back. good luck!

just looked up the fuse size, looks like theres a fusible link that powers the power windows and power seats and it is 30 amps. throw a 25 to be safe and call it a day. youre welcome.

Alright thanks I will give those a shot! Yeah in theory the y sounded good(to me) but I know with a car it cant be that easy lol. Thanks again for taking time out to help