The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3rd gen tails

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

3rd gen tails

hey guys, so i have 3rd gen tails and i modded my stock harness..i ordered some led bulbs and forgot about the harness ..i was going by stock bulb size so i got 1157 instead of 7443 ..anyway i can change just the sockets to make it work..dont really feel like sending back the bulbs in exchange for diff type..also, if i can change jus sockets, where wud i get those..unless sumone wants these bulbs from me for their stock ones and ill get another set...they are red smt leds

soo nobody has an answer??

I'm confused, you have 7443 bulb holders? Those are what come with the JDM harness and are what fit with no mods to the housings themselves. You can switch to USDM 1157's, but IIRC you have to mod the housing to make them fit. You can find 1157 sockets at the junkyard easily. That's if I read this right.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

im not sure man..i been confused since i got these tails lol..i have got them to work after a long time but just wanted to switch to leds and i think i ordered the wrong type bulbs..i got the wedge kind base and i bought the twist and lock ones which is what i need..so basically i need the twist kind base sockets in order to get it work cuz i dont feel like sending the bulbs back..or just sell them to sumone who has the twist kind base already and buy me the wedge types ..either way..i always get my numbers mixed up

Wedge = 7443
    Twist = 1157

So you have the JDM sockets, you can switch to the USDM twist ones but I'd try to exchange before I remodify but that's me.
    Hope this helps!

-Greg

how much work is it to remodify...i got the bulbs on ebay from cali so i dont feel like payin for shipping and restocking fee in order to jus exchange and as i see now, they dont even have the jdm type in the kind i got for usdm so i guess i will have to remodify..is it basically just cutting the wires and replace the sockets?

I'm not 100% sure, but yeah you cut the wires and replace the sockets but I don't know what you have to do to get the sockets into the housings securely.

-Greg

hmm..is there neone on here that u kno has done this bfor? or have a tutorial?

i think im gonna try this..my turn signal are 1156 so ill take that out and try to put it in brake light housing and if it fits in there, i guess the 1157 should too..right?

It should fit if the 1156's do, and I know there's someone who's modified the USDM harness to fit JDM tails, but I don't know if the have a tutorial for it.

-Greg

its cool...ill jus try that n hit the yard

ok great..so now i went to the yard and got the usdm harness and when i opened up the jdms..come to realize the turn signal is the only socket that fits 1156..the rest are too small for 1157..so now ill somehow have to modify the sockets..anybody done that before that can help?