The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dome light will not come on when door is opened

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

dome light will not come on when door is opened

I have a 2001 2.4L galant.
    When I open the driver door or the passenger door the pair of dome lights do not come on
    On the 3 position dome light switch ,if I switch it from door position to the on position ,The lights go on.
    I did another test.Even though the dome light does not come on when I open either door. The red light on the dash does light up indicating the door is open. I disconnected the the dome light assy and checked with ohm meter.On the female 3 pin plug. When the switch was in the door position 2 of the pins had continuity(pin 1 and 2 left to right)
    With switch in the on position in the on position pin 1 and 3 had continuity. Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting ?
    Last edited by thomasmorse; 05-06-2012 at 04:34 PM

mine is a 3 position switch but i drive an 02 there is on/ door/ off.... is your switch in the middle?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Switch should be in the middle and find the sensors on the car that should be relaying for the light to go on. My sensor is finicky so sometimes mine goes on sometimes it doesn't
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I would say your switch has a dead spot but I would check and see if there's power going thru the switch when the door is open not just the plug

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    I would say your switch has a dead spot but I would check and see if there's power going thru the switch when the door is open not just the plug
    thanks I will try that today

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    Switch should be in the middle and find the sensors on the car that should be relaying for the light to go on. My sensor is finicky so sometimes mine goes on sometimes it doesn't
    I am not sure where the sensor is. Can you give me suggestions where to look ?

I found out the problem was the etacs module. i bought a used one off ebay for 52 dollars and replaced the old one. The dome light works perfectly.