The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: smoked out tail lights

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

smoked out tail lights

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question but I was wondering when smoking out tail lights on a 9g do u do it from the outside or do u remove the cover n glue and all that stuff and if so how without cracking it?

Quote Originally Posted by ainsroc9 View Post
    Hey guys, this might be a stupid question but I was wondering when smoking out tail lights on a 9g do u do it from the outside or do u remove the cover n glue and all that stuff and if so how without cracking it?
    lol u only spray the outside! no need to take apart
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Try not to do more than 3 to 4 coats. If you tint to dark nobody will be able to see your brake lights in the day time.

i also notice that sprays like nightshades tend to darken at it dries.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The nightshade actually lightens a bit when it's dry. It's really dark when you first spray it.
    Is it ricey?

Re: smoked out tail lights

Yes dont over spray like me I had to remove al the paint (pain in the ass) and start again because even at night people thought I had no running lights, I also added a red LED strip to the bottom of the tail light between the bumper and taillight wired to my breaks so people can se me brake during the day. I ill post some pics soon

Sent from my galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    oven method, open up, take apart, spray inside of tail lights. it makes it look like a nice shiny gloss color instead of that cheap tacky flat black look on the tail lights. just saying. ;)

`buy the vinyl kit! it looks better and is less if a headache to apply!

Next time I'm tinting the tails I'm gonna use the same method as my fog lights. A painter mixed black in the clearcoat. The result was amazing and it's still lets trough a lot of light and I avoided the mat black look :-)

Dude! that looks sexy as hell! I like that idea!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

And btw i used the same black paint (x08) as the body so people think I have fog covers ore something. Can't wait until next year when I'm selling the wagon to pay for the repaint onmy black G. The brakelight in the rear wing is getting the same treatment as the tails then.