The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: all wheel drive question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

all wheel drive question

i want to convert my 99 galant into awd. i can get 97 eclipse gsx chassi. will the parts off of that work??

Look there are a couple threads for that but I don't believe that GSX will do you any good Iirc
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

alright thanx

You will need the rear sub frame rear axles or evo axles rear differential gas tank and filler neck and rear half of the drive shaft. Now from what I remember you need the ring and pinion gear from either an auto awd or evo since the 2g manual uses a diff. Ratio then evo so you will chew up the diff or tyranny you will also need an evo tyranny and transfer case evo front axles and evo hubs since the axles are bigger then our OEM

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Look there are a couple threads for that but I don't believe that GSX will do you any good Iirc
    please do not answer if you do not know the answer because answering wrongly is worse than not answering. to convert the USDM 8G to AWD, you will need parts from both the EVO 8/9 and 2G GSX.

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    You will need the rear sub frame rear axles or evo axles rear differential gas tank and filler neck and rear half of the drive shaft. Now from what I remember you need the ring and pinion gear from either an auto awd or evo since the 2g manual uses a diff. Ratio then evo so you will chew up the diff or tyranny you will also need an evo tyranny and transfer case evo front axles and evo hubs since the axles are bigger then our OEM
    auto lsd 2g rear diff or and evo rear diff with a 2g rear diff cover. Check out my thread, I have lots of pictures

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Or mine lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

thanx for the info guys

Would this AWD swap also work with the 3.0 and larger engines?

If you could get a trans that would bolt up to it that is AWD then yes