The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clicking from dash, no COLD air

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Clicking from dash, no COLD air

I saw a lot of other members had issues with their heat being stuck in cold position but I didn't find any posts similar to mine.

About 3 months ago, felt resistance in temp selector dial and forced it over to full heat. Felt it "break" loose and was able to get hot air.

Last month, I need to start using the a/c and when I change dial to coldest setting I hear clicking from dash (sounds like it's behind and above the cd player/deck). I need to move the dial a few notches towards heat to get it to stop. But by doing so, the air isn't all that cold and my a/c isn't nearly as effective.

What should I look for behind the dash? I read one post about a plastic piece by the gas pedal but that was for an issue where hot air wasn't working.

The clicking is constant whether in recirculate mode or not and I have not noticed any leaking on passenger side floor.....

Push the recirculation button it should go away
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Is it just me, or does it sound like you have two different issues? Just my opinion, but I think, maybe your knob is not turning all the way to the left or is not making enough contact to the plastic behind the knob to make it go all the way to cold.

Another suggestion, that might be totally wrong, but might be worth considering, is to see if your freon levels are good. Although this might be unrelated, the fact that you are not getting cold air, might just mean that you have low freon and need a recharge.

The clicking from the dash is usually because the heater control actuator is gone, there are a lot of threads on here which tells you what needs to be changed. I'm thinking the clicking and the cold air might not really be related.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Push the recirculation button it should go away
    clicking is constant (when knob turned to either full cold or full hot) whether in recirc mode or not

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it sound like you have two different issues? Just my opinion, but I think, maybe your knob is not turning all the way to the left or is not making enough contact to the plastic behind the knob to make it go all the way to cold.

Another suggestion, that might be totally wrong, but might be worth considering, is to see if your freon levels are good. Although this might be unrelated, the fact that you are not getting cold air, might just mean that you have low freon and need a recharge.

The clicking from the dash is usually because the heater control actuator is gone, there are a lot of threads on here which tells you what needs to be changed. I'm thinking the clicking and the cold air might not really be related.

Just my two cents.
    I thought about the A/C system possibly needing a recharge after I posted last night. I'm going to check that after work to see if that is also a contributor to the lack of cold air.

Would the clicking from the heater control actuator also occur when the temp knob is switched to coldest level?

Thx for your input, I'll try to rule out/confirm the freon & the plastic knob not making contact when I get out of work tonight.

Yes, it's basically when the heater control actuator that turns on/off the heat cannot engage, because the gear wheel inside the actuator has worn out with constant use. So it keeps trying to engage/disengage, but doesn't actually. I would go out on a limb and say that it's probably trying to disengage when you turn it to cold.

Get a new hvac and cable, I had the same issue, the cable was bent and wouldn't move freely, and the gear was striped behind the knob,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

The actuator is toast and my ac needed 2 cans of r134a.
    Still contemplating on if I wanna replace actuator. I had dash off and was trying to push the arm/lever to full cold position but it still clicks/knocks like crazy. The air is still nice and cold when I move the temp position a small click towards heat so I may just deal with it.
    Thx for all the feedback & help!

Its a pain to replace if you have big hands lol.
    I replaced mine a year ago and it was deff worth it.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!