The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cutting springs!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    ConceptSleeper

cutting springs!!

i know its ghetto, but it will only be for a temp basis (so im not looking for any "just wait comments, please just answer if you know!!!) till i get my new struts and coilovers, but what is the coil to lowering ratio?? for example: if i cut 1 full coil how much of a drop will it be???

mitsumatt

Springs

:shock: Hey man, check out this link:

http://www.autosportz.com/suspension... your results.

Rasko Da Gama
    I am not that sure Concept... But at mine opinion 3-4 coils cut is the maximum you can go with stock springs and stock shock absorbers...
    Stock springs are much softer and if cutting them you "must" redone your shocks (renew them)...

I'd go with whitelines, but man - they are expensive as hell :?

ConceptSleeper
    well actually since this is my 'Project' car now, it is parked so i went ahead and cut 3 coils in front and back and it sits LOW, looks good, but i am going to install a set of KYP AGXs and Ground Control Coilovers, but i also am going to swap a 4g63 cyclone engine into it(mines shot) so i dont know which way im headed first handling or power??? i am still doing a lot of research first though, thats how i have come accross so many parts and websites!!!

Galant GK1
    I've heard that 1g eclipse springs will work on our cars. I hope so tho because i just order a set.

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant GK1
    I've heard that 1g eclipse springs will work on our cars. I hope so tho because i just order a set.
    1G Eclipse springs will work, but you must get the right ones. If you have AWD Galant - you must get springs for AWD T/E/L and then cut 1/2 to 1 coil in front to get it even. AWD Galants are heavier becouse of the rare diferencial, so if Eclipse is lowered by 1.2 inches, Galant will drop about 1.5 inches.
    If you have FWD Galant - it's better to go with H&R or intrax springs - they steel made them for FWD Galants...

mitsumatt
    :shock: Rasko - Does that mean 1g FWD T/E/L springs would work on the 6g FWD Galant? If so, what's the drop? I'm always looking for the cheapest reliable option.

ConceptSleeper
    yes they will like he stated 1/2" to 1" will have to be cut so the spring will fit right!!!

Galant GK1
    great deal on 1g eclipse springs http://www.speedstash.com/springs.html

ConceptSleeper
    good find!!!