The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/T Relay

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

A/T Relay

So I can't post on the 8g tech so I am trying here. My 03 galant had kicked out a 1751 code. Its stating the a/t relay is not functioning. I'm locked in third and reverse bucks hard. I swapped the AC relay for the a/t relay and pulled the battery. This unfortunately did not clear the service engine light nor unlimp my G.

this is my dd and is used at work,I can't be stuck limping around. The fluid is good and have never had any issues with my car. I've maintained it from 36k when I purchased it. Does anyone have an idea to throw my way?

Try another relay and disconnect battery for 5 minutes. Also check to see if your backup lights come on when in reverse, if they don't a fuse is blown, same fuse will cause this issue.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

I have swapped around all three relays under the hood had my mechanic reset the obd. The code comes right back on after starting the car. Is there another transmission relay somewhere? Perhaps inside fuse panel. I have seen the same type of relay int location. This is starting to get frustrating its not like i hammered my G into falling apart

Did you check the reverse lights fuse?

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

the reverse lights aren't out, but I just got done pulling every fuse I have all are good. I'm curious to know if there is any other a/t relays. The interior fuse panel has a whole bank of relays. Thoughts?

I had this odd issue bug me with my 3G a while back. I too tried swapping the relays around and even from another car no go. Then I decided to buy a new relay from Mitsu and try it and the problem was fixed. I have never heard of this working for someone else but as weird as it sounds it worked for me.

Here's a picture I got from the dealer for all the relays in the car. I don't believe there are any missing. But I may be wrong. By the way, this is for a 2003 4 Cyl Galant.

Well I have given up and brought it to my local transmission guy. They got a different code something 54. Still says the relay but goes on to say that it kicks this code when the relay isn't receiving at least 7v . No idea what's happened to my G but i'm not happy.I'll keep you updated

Tried replacing it with a new one?