The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: drop zone coil overs

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

drop zone coil overs

i got some cheap drop zone coil overs i had laying around from when i purchased the car. im tired of the stock height is it worth it are they any good??

i wouldn't do it. they'll probably cause more harm than good.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I know you said coilovers but I had the lowering springs on my car one point no issues idk hie good the coilovers are

«Carlos»

Just make sure its done correctly. Wont be the best, but effective foor getting rid of that nasty gap.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

coilover sleeves or adjustable springs are sure killers of stock length dampers, they greatly reduce travel (especially at lower range of ride heights) and are often a much higher spring rate to avoid bottoming out the dampers. in order for these to not destroy your shocks you would have to buy short body units (ensures full travel at even the lowest ride heights) like what come on real coilovers (adjustable spring and damper in one unit, no sleeve); there are short body units available (KONI, TOKICO, etc.) but they are not cost effective as you can go full coilover for cheaper. additionally, the only quality adjustable spring sleeve units made for our car are GROUND CONTROL which use springs made by EIBACH; DROPZONE is not highly recomended. before full coilovers became available for our platform, a common setup for a deep adjustable drop was GROUND CONTROL w/ KYB AGX, although even this was not an optimal solution as KYB AGX are still stock length units not warrantied past a 1.5" drop.

if you are not going to replace your dampers, just get some mild lowering springs. if you go with those DROPZONE adjustables, you will just end up having to replace your dampers after they blow.
    Last edited by Reelax; 05-10-2012 at 04:31 PM

Couldn't agree more. If didn't go with springs, it would have been full coilover, not sleeves