The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU Swap

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

ECU Swap

Alright so here is the lowdown I am doing a MT as soon as I get my BHM harness in. IN order to prepare I would like all of my pretuning issues figures out. First of all I would like to know how to disable the immobilizer as I am not so sure how to do it as it is a bit foggy for me. Also my plan as it may not sound the best to you guys I am going to flash a tephra mod to the ecu and just tune it for the N/A so I can use the mods such as the force pass and a few others. Will I be able to just flash it straight to my ecu? I would rather have this rom all setup and ready to go.

My ecu is a 2001 Eclipse 2.4 mt of course. The number on the ecu is MR514267 then underneath that there is E1T5784 H1 ZC 0814 incase that helps

The tephramod I would like to use is the 94170715.

So a quick cliff notes or recap I would like to know if that ROM will flash to the ECU and how to delete the immobilizer and certain codes so the ecu wont scan for them such as EGR and the Wastegate ones

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Alright so here is the lowdown I am doing a MT as soon as I get my BHM harness in. IN order to prepare I would like all of my pretuning issues figures out. First of all I would like to know how to disable the immobilizer as I am not so sure how to do it as it is a bit foggy for me. Also my plan as it may not sound the best to you guys I am going to flash a tephra mod to the ecu and just tune it for the N/A so I can use the mods such as the force pass and a few others. Will I be able to just flash it straight to my ecu? I would rather have this rom all setup and ready to go.

My ecu is a 2001 Eclipse 2.4 mt of course. The number on the ecu is MR514267 then underneath that there is E1T5784 H1 ZC 0814 incase that helps

The tephramod I would like to use is the 94170715.

So a quick cliff notes or recap I would like to know if that ROM will flash to the ECU and how to delete the immobilizer and certain codes so the ecu wont scan for them such as EGR and the Wastegate ones
    I wish I could help but I say go to evolutionm and read their section about ecuflash I heard it is very helpful. I will be doing all that one day when I get to it.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i have an 01 eclipse rom with the immob delete, i can send you that to get you started

ecu periphery0 (FAA) bit 3 should be labeled as immobilizer. change that from 1 to 0
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

or send me the exact rom you want to use and i will delete the codes for you.
    b.young3183 at gmail.com
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I wish I could help but I say go to evolutionm and read their section about ecuflash I heard it is very helpful. I will be doing all that one day when I get to it.
    Yeah I was searching out the ying yang but didnt find it. I dont think I used the right keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    i have an 01 eclipse rom with the immob delete, i can send you that to get you started
    Thanks if I have to I will use the current rom on the ecu then delete it

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    ecu periphery0 (FAA) bit 3 should be labeled as immobilizer. change that from 1 to 0
    Wow that was easy got it thanks!!

or send me the exact rom you want to use and i will delete the codes for you.
    b.young3183 at gmail.com
    I think I got all I needed but if I have any issues I will let you know. It was too simple I just overlooked it all

Did it work for u??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I think I havent got my harness yet

So my ecu reads thanks to isaurio for making an XML for me. But I'm having a rough time figuring out how to find those values and change them.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

ok so i added the periphery configuration to the base xml file and i opened ecuflash and loaded my rom but still cant edit out the immobilizer

here is what i get

i spent hours searching this and got this far but now im stuck
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Bro. Careful of what you put on the xml and value you change on ECUFLASH

That is the wrong memory location for your rom

Remember 99-00 ROM are H8 CPU- "YOUR ROM"
    01-03 are SH CPU

H8 ROM periphery bits memory location starts at 0x272, 0x282 and so on
    SH ROM periphery bits memory location starts at 0xFAA, 0xFBA and so on

I will send you new xml with the periphery for H8 ROM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

outtatime1006
    I have a 5 speed swap in my galant but I don't think they did a harness swap what harness swap are u taking about the car has a bunch of tranny codes on it

Quote Originally Posted by outtatime1006 View Post
    I have a 5 speed swap in my galant but I don't think they did a harness swap what harness swap are u taking about the car has a bunch of tranny codes on it
    Your codes from your tranny swap has nothing to do with the harness swap that was discussed in this thread. It's an ecu harness swap to swap from auto to manual ecu.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R