The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rolling fenders and right tires.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Rolling fenders and right tires.

With H&R springs

Do the following rim sizes need fender rolling and what tires are recommended. I'm looking for flush look without rubbing on 17's.

17x8 Inset 50
    17x8 Inset 45
    17x8 Inset 35 or 33

if you want flush you will have to roll at least the rear fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunKenG View Post
    With H&R springs

Do the following rim sizes need fender rolling and what tires are recommended. I'm looking for flush look without rubbing on 17's.

17x8 Inset 50
    17x8 Inset 45
    17x8 Inset 35 or 33
    17x8 inset 50 the front will be flush but ur gonna have to roll the rear fenders and find spacers for the rear to inset 40 maybe 35 at the most

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I'm assuming inset means offset?

17x8 +50 will not be totally flush up front. I have 17x8 + 45 and it's not flush, could use maybe 5 more mm (back when I had lowering springs)

With my coilovers I set the camber slightly higher so I'm not sure where it would have sat, but the car is much much lower too so who knows.

btw, even after dropping the car super low, I STILL haven't rolled my fenders. I clean in the rear by like 1mm, with 17x8 +45 wheels, 215/50/R17 tires. Not sure what the camber is currently but I'm pretty sure it's within stock spec, if not right on the edge.

In my experience any combination using wider tires and/or lower offset wheels WILL RUB.

225/45R17 using 17x8 +40

If you plan to lower the vehicle, you should roll the rear fenders regardless.