The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g build questions

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

7g build questions

I've got a 1997 7g Galant DE, and I'm planning a build. Here's what I have in mind:
    -4g63 stage 6 racing head ($1600 approx is what i've been able to find)
    -4g63 Headers and intake manifold
    -Evo scrolling turbo (thinking older, like 4 or 5g)
    -Forged pistons and con rods
    -(This is just a hope) 7g VR-4 drivetrain/tranny/rear axle conversion

My questions are:
    -What else will I need for the turbo conversion and where/ from whom can I get it?
    -Where can I find suspension parts or what parts can I swap from other cars?
    -What should I avoid and what should I do instead?
    -Approx how much would it cost to get the parts i have listed (apart from what I have already estimated)?

Thanks for your replies!

--the4g64beast

Quote Originally Posted by the4g64beast View Post
    I've got a 1997 7g Galant DE, and I'm planning a build. Here's what I have in mind:
    -4g63 stage 6 racing head ($1600 approx is what i've been able to find)
    -4g63 Headers and intake manifold
    -Evo scrolling turbo (thinking older, like 4 or 5g)
    -Forged pistons and con rods
    -(This is just a hope) 7g VR-4 drivetrain/tranny/rear axle conversion

My questions are:
    -What else will I need for the turbo conversion and where/ from whom can I get it?
    -Where can I find suspension parts or what parts can I swap from other cars?
    -What should I avoid and what should I do instead?
    -Approx how much would it cost to get the parts i have listed (apart from what I have already estimated)?

Thanks for your replies!

--the4g64beast

It's going to get into alot of money. alot of threads have been made on this subject. search around a little. I would pull up the link but don't feel like it on my phone.

i got suspension parts for sale. pm me if your interested

my advice is do alot of searching on this forum and find any and all info

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    You need to search. For AWD you want a 2g dsm drivetrain and only a regular dsm style turbo no Evo style as it faces the wrong way and isnt a good idea. Build 2.4 and get a 2g head, makes good power but smaller intake Manu and runners leads to better low rpm performance and makes very pod power. Definitely search
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Welcomme to the club i got a 97 es ....search is key ..... bookmark mko and eclipsh build threads and the 7G master tutorial list

btw read those threads in full youll learn much grasshopper

good luck welcome again
    my build thread is heart transplant
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Welcome to the site. You have an ambitious plan. Have you ever built a car before? What you're proposing requires a lot of custom work best handled by someone experienced. Building a turbo 7g Galant requires a custom engine wiring harness which you will have to build. Making it AWD requires custom fabrication. My suggestion would be to make the wiring harness first and swap in a stock turbo motor and trans from an Eclipse GST. Make sure everything works, have some fun with it then see if you really need a "stage 6" head and built motor. The stock 4G63 can handle up to 400 hp reliably which is more power than probably 90% of the modified DSM's out there will ever reach. You're also talking a few thousand dollars to get to that level reliably. To do the whole package you're talking about expect to spend $4-5k or more if you do all your own work. If you don't do all your own work expect to just go buy an Evo and save some money.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome to tgc.searchng is going to be the key for this build.good luck with it and keep us posted and some pics would be great too.welcome!