The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What a day

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    My99GTZ

What a day

So I went to put my CAI on today and well it was easy except one of the rubber sleves they sent didn't fit so I gotta get a new one from them.. for now I only have a short air intake and then no one warned me that my radio would reset and ask me for the security code which I don't have... so now I gotta bring the radio to the dealer to get a code..... and..... my ECU didn't reset yet and the cars running so rich and stalling..... wow what a day.. but at least the intake sounds good and feels good on the go.... didn't have problems with my strut brace today thank god....

damn, homie - like u said, at least the intake sounds good!!
    Semper Fi'

hmm u say u have a bypass valve with the CAI. and then u said ur missing a fitting. the one that connects the cold air pipe to the MAS. im thinking u seriously don't need it. the bypass valve would replace that fitting. so i guess u can go cold air.

and then about the ECU SES problem. three common mistakes people have. #1 they forget to use the MAS. you need the MAS. #2 they forget to plug in the MAS. thats pretty much just like #1. and then #3 they put the MAS on backward

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

My99GTZ
    I went out and double checked and everythings on right.. I pulled the - plug on the battery and I'm gonna let it sit for the next 3 hours and see what happens... I mean its weird I would think I'd at least have a check engine light on with it too if the sensors weren't working... but we'll see what happens... I ordered my bypass valve from another company so that hasn't come in yet or else I'd be able to just use that for the CAI extension so.. But I called PTuning about the fitment issue of the hose and for some reason it was packaged with a 2 3/4 " straight hose instead of a 3" straight hose and even the packin list says 2 3/4 so they're calling Injen and having them ship a hose to me.. those PTuning guys are great! Otherwise besides the stall issues everything looks and feels great.. I'll get some pics up soon!