The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM tails brake light out

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

JDM tails brake light out

Hi everyone,

I tried searching but no luck. I recently put 3rd gen JDM tails in and replaced all the bulbs with the 7443/7440s. Since it didn't ship with a harness I just popped the bulbs in the sockets that I already had and everything was working great. A few weeks ago one of my reverse lights went out. Popped the taillight out, played around with it a little, put new heat shrink wraps around the wires, and it worked great. But the other day I got pulled over for my driver side break light not working. It's the dual filament running/brake light. Anyone have any idea what could be causing it to not light up? The running lights work fine on it, just not the break.

Its a dual filament bulb like you said, so it can still light up with one. Did you try just replacing the bulb?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

^^^

You sure bout that Pete, I thought bulbs lasted forever (^_^)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

You have to start somewhere. ;)

If you rule out the bulb, then move on to the socket itself. Keep going down the line until you find the problem.

I was thinking that too, but I've been too busy with work and this weather to really do much work lol. They're only a few months though so idk why it'd be the filament but who knows! I'll keep you guys posted.

And what do you know.... One of the filaments was just burnt out. I would've thought it had to be something else this early in its life but oh well!

I love it when I'm right! ;)

Sometimes bulbs will pass quality inspection, but their filament can be weak. Its pretty rare of them to go out that fast, but I have seen it happen before. Good job getting it all figured out.

Pete you're a freaken whiz kid!

Op im not surprised that's all it was.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2