The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lights dim, no start, new starter, whaa?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon5 Lights dim, no start, new starter, whaa?

So for as long as I can remember my g has been having this intermittent start problem, sometimes you turn the key and everything starts fine, sometimes you turn it a couple times and everything dims but nothing else happens.

Then sometimes the car wont start at all anymore and you hear a loud electrical buzzing from the center console by the ecu, which has been my que to replace the starter, ive done that twice. I got my old starter tested (most recent one that is) and its fine. So im at a total loss as to what may be causing my start problem.

I have also replaced the ignition switch (lil thingie on the left side opposite where the key goes) and the lock cylinder itself.

Any ideas?
    Boost, its whats for dinner

battery? or corroded/loose cables?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Check all the grounds and the wires and look for a short. These are signs of a weak battery if it's trying to turn over. Of it dims and there is no noise check the wires on the starter
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

yeah its sound like a bad ground connection

it's the ground. my ground on the battery was loose and kept killing my battery. plus the no start/crank

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

my connections to the battery are tight, clean, and gold plated lol and the starter connections are proper, ground sounds like it, ill relocate my grounds and post an update later, thanks! :)
    Boost, its whats for dinner