The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HIC Rear visor

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

HIC Rear visor

Anyone using these? Do they fit on an 8G and are they reliable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIC-98-04-Ga...b69cf3&vxp=mtr

I posted on the wrong forum.. How do you move it to customizing Your 8G?
    Last edited by DrunKenG; 05-19-2012 at 02:38 AM

only mods can move threads. moved.

i have it my 8g! and yes they are reliable just dont use the stock 3m tape.

STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    For what ur paying there u might like the egr better saw some one selling one here

I had the same question when I had to figure out how I was gonna blow the money I made selling parts off my old car. Instead I bought suspension lol. Might have to consider next time I run across some $
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 05-19-2012 at 02:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    i have it my 8g! and yes they are reliable just dont use the stock 3m tape.

What would you use then to stick the visor on?

I'm gonna bet he'll say 3m molding tape..but ill wait for him to respond. I also read on a forum about the garage door seal lip, 3m makes an even stronger double side tape for marine use. Think boat stores sell it, I forgott the name.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    I'm gonna bet he'll say 3m molding tape..but ill wait for him to respond. I also read on a forum about the garage door seal lip, 3m makes an even stronger double side tape for marine use. Think boat stores sell it, I forgott the name.
    correct i used stronger 3m tape! if im correct it was stage 2 0r 3 3m tape
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

I have one of these I believe. If I remember right, there was no "HIC" back in the day when it was listed on eBay, it was just called JDM rear visor. If you're really interested in it, I can give it to you, if you'll just pay for shipping. It's brand new in the box. I just don't like these rear visors. PM me if you're interested and I can send you a few pictures.

I have one of these on my car, I just followed the directions, applies the adhesion promoter, let it dry and used the stock tape, it's held up perfect even in drive through car washes.

West LA, Cali by way of PG County, Maryland
    Haha it's funny that ebay seller doesn't even really know what the rear visor is really for! It says rain shadow vent. LOL Just a little fact for everyone, it is a dust visor used for rallying so they can see out the back window when driving in dirt, sand, etc. That's all...