The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Southern Cali......Where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

Southern Cali......Where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not ashamed to say that before I was ushered into the modding game by my boy Ivory_G; I had no clue about modding. I was completely clueless about the addictive nature that comes with modifying a vehicle, the commitment, and the overall fun in searching for that signature part that will ultimately define the direction; both visually and performance wise, of my Galant. Perhaps what has been the most exciting about this journey, has been meeting like minded individuals that share the same feelings about their cars. The comradery and friendships that are formed within groups like TGC are definitely a few of the major reasons that people keep coming back; and especially the reason why so many people across the world get together in their cities to share into our world of modding and tuning. (IMO).

Even though I'm a NOOB, I can't escape the fact that everywhere else across the world Mitsubishi owners and specifically G owners are having successful meets. As a Cali member, it pains me to see that there are so few Southern California representatives that can't, don't, or won't make it to the Southern Cali meets. I understand that life is real, it moves on, and that poeple have responsibilities, but one night a month to get together to show off your ride, share info, and possibly grab a new recruit is not much to sacrifice. I can honestly say that I love the modding game. Will I forever do it? Probably not. I am a full-time college student with kids and a wife; but I mod, write papers, change diapers, and still go on dates with the wife. I explain all of that to say that I'm just as busy as the rest of you but I still manage to make TGC meets regularly. Maybe it isnt my place being a new comer, but I would like to see just how strong Southern Cali can come at a TGC meet. I'd like to see 20 or 30 cars primed to perfection, members excited about being there, on-lookers impressed by the bond we all share as Galants enthusiasts, and of course eating some In and Out cheeseburgers and fries while recruiting potential new members. Lol!!!!

Hopefully this post doesn't offend or discredit anyone reading it. If so, I apologize in advance but this is my view as a Noob on the inside looking around.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Agreed, well said...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Why would it offend anyone? If it did they should really grow a backbone.

As soon as a few things are straightened out in my situation I would be down for a meet no doubt, I will bring my buddy who is a new 8G owner.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post

As soon as a few things are straightened out in my situation I would be down for a meet no doubt, I will bring my buddy who is a new 8G owner.
    Dope, it'd be good to get the chance to meet you & your buddy!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post

Dope. Now thats what Im talkin about. Definitely bring any new 8G owners who can come. I'm not saying that I have it all figured out yet, but I definitely would like to get the ball rolling if people are willing to show up. Thanks Oakrdrs187.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I feel that I have a legitimate excuse :)

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    What? School? Pfffhhh!!!! LOL
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I understand beam. I have a full schedue right now with school. I have two 3 hour classes twice a week, One 1 1/2 houe class twice a week, and a four hour class once a week. Even still though I find the time to make it to the meets. No pressure though bro. If you can do. If not, maybe next time.

P.S. Nice to meet you by the way. Im Paul.

I'M THREE DIAMOND CERTIFIED

Oh Paul? I think I've met you at a MOD before? I think I remember Will talking about you picking up a G very briefly actually

edit: Nice to meet you haha. My name's Adrian so you can call me Adrian or beam, doesn't matter to me :P

Oh Paul? I think I've met you at a MOD before? I think I remember Will talking about you picking up a G very briefly actually

edit: Nice to meet you haha. My name's Adrian so you can call me Adrian or beam, doesn't matter to me :P
    Good to meet you Adrian. I've never been to MOD before so Im sure we havent met there, but definitely looking to do so in the near future. Always willing to meet a fellow Mitsu owner. :)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I'm offended! I demand you buy me a burger next meet!

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Speaking of MOD when is the next one?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I asked Mitsubishi on their fb page and they said to be on the look out on the events page, so I guess they haven't decided yet :P and probably won't for awhile

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    they usually dont post the date till like a month in advance now

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

ur enthusiasm is great! to give u a little history, we used to regularly have meets that were 20+ strong. many owners have since moved on. our first TGC meet was like 10 years ago at road race engineering and there were only like 6 galants there. then as we grew as a community, more and more members joined and came out to meets. we often got together at pasedena college then rolled to venues like dave n busters at the santa anita mall , or met at parks and have even met as far north as woodland hills. the reality is there just simply are not as many owners as in past years. search the forum for our meet pics when we used to roll deep. we used to have meets where socal, norcal, and vegas came together. we even had a national meet w/ commemorative t-shirts in vegas w/ members attending from as far as new york. also, since you haven't been to mod (mitsubishi owners day) yet, u haven't experienced what u are hoping a meet could be but u will see more galants and galant owners there than at any other one place because everyone tries to attend that meet. we regularly have cars from the west coast and adjacent states come to that meet. mod started in 2005 and became the annual meet for us in the western states while factory mod in illinois was the east version of the meet, then don herring mitsu sponsored a an annual texas mod and mitsu added a detroit and east coast event to the annual schedule. mod06, mod07 and mod08 were our biggest turnouts and galants won best in show from among hundreds of fixed up mitsubishis in attendance so we represented very well. but since mitsu was throwing such a big meet every year, we slowly stopped getting together on our own as often. so yeah we used to be a much bigger group in socal, but many members have moved on to other cars... although i still have it, i don't even drive my galant more than once every few months at this point and last mod was the first one i missed because my good friend had to inconveniently pick that day to get married, but i hope to make it this year.
    Last edited by Reelax; 03-18-2012 at 05:58 AM

Naw at MOD you met my other buddy named Stace, that was MOD '09. Originally Paul was set to buy Norman's (VIPTint) 8G, but the deal didnt go through so he bought a different one.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

man reelax were getting old lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLET View Post
    Hey Billet. I'm Paul. I'm new to TGC but looking to get a meet together on the 27th of this month. If your game, I would like to have a vet such as yourself come out and support.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLET View Post
    yeah bro, we r.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    Hey Billet. I'm Paul. I'm new to TGC but looking to get a meet together on the 27th of this month. If your game, I would like to have a vet such as yourself come out and support.
    whats up paul, im richard. its real hard for me to go to these meets, with 3 boys ranging from 17 to 2 plus working 50-60 hrs a week im pretty beat after work, and during the weekdays is really out of the question. but ive been to every MOD so far and will more than likely go this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast