The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: noise in the morning

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

noise in the morning

There's a "banging" noise in the morning when I first start the car
    After I changed my oil it kinda went away,

am not sure if this is the correct English word for it, but I think this is being caused by the "piston lifters"..

Has anyone had this type of issue?
    my car's photo will be placed here soon!

lifter tick. common mitsubishi issue. caused by dirty/old oil making the lifters stick (the sound is actually the lifters un-sticking). you can either use additives like cd2 or rislone in the oil or clean/replace lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    lifter tick. common mitsubishi issue. caused by dirty/old oil making the lifters stick (the sound is actually the lifters un-sticking). you can either use additives like cd2 or rislone in the oil or clean/replace lifters.
    Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it, I will try to get the additives from ebay.
    Some people suggested that I start using 5W40 oil instead of the 10 40 am using right now, but I am very hesitant in doing that..
    my car's photo will be placed here soon!

Is your car a v6? My car has a very symilar issue. In my case it sounds like its coming from the Timming belt. I caught a video on you tube with a gtz that sounded exactly like mine and the post said that it was the hydrolic timing belt tensioner. Maybe that's what your hearing.