The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Cutting Out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    I agree with Reelax and Manybrews! And just to REITTERATE what Reelax and Manybrews was saying, resetting the ECU does nothing but prolong what the ECU needs to learn about the changes to your intake. The dealer does NOT have a magical reset fix, period.

If your intake was installed properly and you are sure you don't have any leaks in the system and the MAS was not damaged and reinstalled correctly, then you can proceed to the next step of GIVING YOUR ECU ENOUGH TIME TO RELEARN the new changes to the vehicle. Only time and driving helps the ECU adjust to the changes.

Disconnecting the battery (doesn't matter if it's positive or negative or both but you do know that you always disconnect the negative first, right?) ONLY resets the ECU and now it has to start all over from the beginning again.

The interesting thing that you've pointed out was letting it idle. I've never thought of this before but the fact that you let it make changes gradually might have actually helped it make the proper adjustments by itself faster. By revving your engine, it might be harder for the ECU to adjust itself properly b/c of the greater variations. Nice long drives on highways and staying away from stop and go city driving or traffic should also be good for this. Gradual accelleration and braking should also help too. I'll try to remember this the next time I have left the battery disconnected a long period of time.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Tiptronic
    glad to hear you worked out the bugs bro. feels good to figure out a problem with your car :!:

00GTZ00
    Had this same problem. Then I tightened the throttle body cable and the car ran perfect! just FYI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12