The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 galant gts from autoweek.com!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

2004 galant gts from autoweek.com!

Are you members likeing it any beter these days?

I love the Car

The Rims and the Rear End are the best attributes IMHO....

I like the whole car too thought

iI can still see some 8g in it! look at the rear window and side view of the class how it flows.

TGC Regular
    so is that replacing the gtz?

I'll keep my supercharged 8G over that. The new ones look like a Saturn Ion and a Nissan Altima had sex and thats what popped out.
    Love,
    Matt

I like that rear IMO but that front end has just got to go. I wonder what we can do about a new body kit for it. I just can't see a EVO CF hood on that. I like the performance numbers and I am just wondering if there is a future in maybe a engine swap from a 8G to a 9G and turbo for it. Does anyone know if this car will share the same engine as say the Eclipse. I don't see any way this car will get any kind of support in the aftermarket performance department if it doesn't. We lucked out with the 8G on that IMO.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

VuteqMitsubishiGalantGTZ0

New 2004 Galant

Indeed the 04 Galant will have the same engines as the 05 Eclipse, I am about 99% sure of it. The V-6 version is the same engine in the Endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I'll keep my supercharged 8G over that. The new ones look like a Saturn Ion and a Nissan Altima had sex and thats what popped out.
    Add the Kia Spectra for a threesome
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

DragginWagon
    Quote Originally Posted by FastNFabolous
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Add the Kia Spectra for a threesome
    That's harsh. Kias need not apply for hard sex, their engines have enough breathing problems as is...

Senior TGC Member
    If it weren't for all the Maxima jokes that keep flying around in automotive magazines, the 04 Galant would fare so much better. Seems we're not the only ones seeing the resemblances to other cars.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Killbilly
    Looks better than the new Diamante tho!

Jeez that thing is ugly!

augimatic
    I think the Galant in Mitsu's eyes is supppose to compete in the family car market, So the accord, Maxima and camery and so on, so They aren't thinking perfromance they thinking your parents or some of you that have kids, no offense, if you read, it's what they are thinking, so there isn't a lot of performance minded engineering here.

Then again, I drive a 3gen Eclipse so what do I know.

Experienced TGC Member
    looks like a g35

-Ballernation-
    My dad owns a 2004 Maxima (black) and there is no fricking way that I'm goona get a car that looks like my old man's. If DSM decides to make it a 4-door family "sport" sedan, just stick with the 8g and just modify its performance capabilities.

I agree with Vegas Matt Ill keep my Supercharged 8G, and when the time comes to get a new car it wont be a Galant. I mean its growing on me the car in GTS form is not bad but the front is still shitty looking.

Improvement : Downfall

The interior is hot: But the steering wheel is ugly

The projector lights are hot: The front end is ugly

Its got 3.8 Liters: Still ony putting out 230 and its heavier???

So is the car really any quicker?

They improved on everything we bitched about the 8G not having and they just fucked up in the department nobody was complaining about and thats the looks!!!!!!

Mitsubishi just cant get it right

PS what the fuck is up with the 2004 Diamante thats the biggest piece of shit!! All they did was put a new front end on the old car and there trying to call it something new!!! Way to cut corners Mitsubishi
    The Diamante VRX had so much potential too :cry:

Its only a matter of time for they kill that car from the line-up beause nobody is buying it!!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

i'll give you a KHO answer, "if it was a girl, i would put a paperbag on the front and fuck her :twisted: "

THAT is an ugly car. :decline:
    If I wanted a Maxima, I'd buy a Maxima.

One of the reasons I considered and bought a 8G Galant
    was that it didn't look like a camry or accord.
    (Although, the 8G Galant bears a passing resemblance to a BMW
    5 series or a 845).

Guess I'd better save my beer money toward the Rippmods SDS
    kit or the '05 Mustang because I won't be buying the 9G.
    -- John --
    2001 Black Galant GTZ (Sold 5/18/2015)

how much bigger is the new galant? i can definitely see JGTC style mods and that would be a dream. imagine instead of a 350Z, the 9G galant. looks like it would pass as a JGTC sedan! $$$

mighty
    I think the tails are great, but yeah they made it look ALOT like an altima, and I will pass......

Prolab
    :decline: :decline:

UGLY, UGLY!

I agree with GalantT3. Mitsubishi cant get things right since they got rid of the 2G eclipses.

And for heaven sakes, stop making those ugly-ass-altezza type tail lights. :evil: :evil:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast