The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dohc swap? in 94 ls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    Yeah mine is a f5m31 from 7g

Thought I'de post a pic of when I saved it from junk yard and how it sits now.
    Last edited by Jamfish86; 07-29-2012 at 02:36 PM

yeah so once u get the right flywheel u will be good to go

right now ur clutch wouldnt even disengage on that setup because there is no room for the clutch to go

pics need to be fixed, but i was able to see them, im surprised u revived it from a JY, good work

Think I got e'm fixed, it was originally a parts car for my 96 as I smashed a deer scootin down the rd at 70 mph then after I got it home I quickly realized it was in far better shape than my rusty smashed up 96. So began searching about the swap and well here I am now, needin a little help from you guys who know more than me about dsm's. I really thank you guys and tgc because know one around here in mid mo. knows much about this stuff either.

Dose anyone know where to get a gs ecu I bought one and it's not same as one he had pic of its got to be a obd2 one cuz it has 4 plugs. Guy hasn't responded back to me yet maby he jipped me or maby just sent wrong one idk but tired of dealin with him(NOT a MEMBER here) local mo. Junkyard guy

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Sometimes they end up on eBay. If you find anything that seems right post up the part number and I will make sure it's a GS ecu
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Yeah I look but never see e'm, isn't the number md304189 for dohc?

i went up to kcmo and kcks this last week to a you pick it junkyard and got a bunch of goodies real cheap like stainless exhaust of 2g,turbo mani,resistor pack,turbo 1g throttle body,side mount ic for 100 bucks then today i got my 5lug conversion with disc rear,turbo mass,broken p.o.s 2g bov, piping, resistor pack, and bunch of other odds and ends for 50 buck cuz there smashing the car

Got my flywheel, got it in but I haven't figured out the mpi relay yet. Although I did use the fuel check connector to jump fuel pump and got it to start! Thank goodness. Not far from bein road worthy now

So did you end up with 1g or gs ecu?

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

The 1g EPROM

This how she sits now

its running now,had 1g Ecu pin 110 hooked up wrong. Its holding real good idle but when i give it a little gas she hesitates and seams a little choppy. But i still don't have pins 63 and 66 hooked up,both supposed to go to mpi relay. Any thoughts?

It looks like they both should go to the small black/blue at mpi.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

I'm not sure, i know that when the ecu pin (110 ig1) gets power it pulls 63 and 66to ground which is pin 8 of the 1g mpi relay.

The GS ecu pin 38 has the same function at mpi #6( battery+ key off then 0-3v key on) and the 94-95 sohc doesn't seem to use it. Can't imagine the function being different of the mpi. idk

3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Yeah i just put them on the mpi ground nothing changed. Also i managed to do something wrong with the maf. Im using the 501 out of a 8g but car all stupid when i have it pluged in,without it runs and revs up fine just got high idle. What's a better maf? I used this one because its round and connects to intake pipe easier.

I have had good luck with my 7g maf's with a $10 round filter adapter not sure of the benefit of the 8g or wiring differences. Try leaving the iac at the throttle body disconnected, on cold starts you may need to hold the throttle for a few seconds is all.

3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast