The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/c help please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

A/c help please?

My air is not getting cold at all. So I bought a can of that recharge stuff from Walmart and it's full, so I didn't need to add any? The compressor is engaged. What do you think is going on here? Thanks for any input, or advice. I will go to the shop of I must but rather not.

Sent from the best phone in the world, the iPhone using Tapatalk

May be you need to replace the condenser?
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Think it's all clogged? Is their an orfice tube?

The two pipes on the compressor one is super hot and the other is warm.

Try decharging it a bit. Sometimes when the system is too full it can do that

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    ...you'll have rent to a/c manifold at autozone to check for expansion valve ......how do you know the compressor is engaging?...

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    ...you'll have rent to a/c manifold at autozone to check for expansion valve ......how do you know the compressor is engaging?...
    Yeah I'm no expert at a/c systems lol but I can see the clutch engage when I tell my wife to turn on the a/c. I also did the hot wire trick to make sure what I was seeing was correct. How dose this manifold thing from autozone check for expansion valve? What do I do if it can find it? Lol (no expert over here)

Bump, is their a whole kit I can order to replace everything except the hoses and compressor?

Might be the condenser. I think I'm in the same boat. Had it recharged last year, cause I removed a bolt on one part of it (dryer?), which I thought I could use to hold down my hid ballast. Didn't know it was holding the refrigerant in smh lol. So it all leaked out. Then this year I got the evaporator drain tube cleaned cause I thought it was the culprit of the water leaking under the carpet on my passenger side. With all that said, my a/c is mediocre. But before all of that I was told it was the condenser, when I took to my usual shop for the exact problem your going through now.

I can't find the drain tube to try and unclog it? Is it in the engine compartment or under the car? I've searched and found both in 2 dif threads? Recap:
    Compressor is engaged.
    A/c is full.
    Green light is on.
    I manually switched the diverter valve from hot to cold.( so its not that )
    ?????

Where's the expansion valve?

Bump

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    expansion valve is bolted to the evaporator following the a/c lines on the strut tower to the firewall

drain tube
    look on the driver side by the gas pedal to the right you'll see a black box with tube that runs to the fire wall ///from the motor side its the left of the brake booster few inches above the crossmember its usually covered by firewall mat (black fabric on the wall)

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    expansion valve is bolted to the evaporator following the a/c lines on the strut tower to the firewall

drain tube
    look on the driver side by the gas pedal to the right you'll see a black box with tube that runs to the fire wall ///from the motor side its the left of the brake booster few inches above the crossmember its usually covered by firewall mat (black fabric on the wall)
    I want to say THANK YOU!
    Before I mess with this, is the expansion valve accessible or do I need to remove the whole dash? Thanks for any advice

I order a new expansion valve and dryer. I'm planing on going to the parts store and ordering that $40 flush kit( wtf it's so over priced) and I'll be getting this to "pull a vac" so am I missing anything?
    Thanks

Is the evaporator the heater core also? Or are the separate?

Two diff things. I just cleaned mine out as it was clogged and leaked into driver wheel well even with compressed air. Take out lower dash ac assembly as one unit and the lil connecter pipe from blower motor assembly to ac assembly behind the radio, and u can look into where the condenser is, the water just falls and the chamber is at an angle down to the drain hole. I got a shop vacuum, funnel and hald clear hose from hardware store. Attach hose to end of funnel and suction shop vac to funnel(the suction will seal that end so don't worry about needing to fasten it there. The I got down and ran the tube all around and sucked up the accumulated dirt and stuff til it was clean. Then reassemble, lastly I got a rubber hose extra from some old transmission line that was large ebough to fit over drain in engine bay. Hacked it down to the 90 degree bend and stuck it on the drain hole facing down, so water also won't blow back in while I drive. If u need picks PM me and I can text them to u .

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Two diff things. I just cleaned mine out as it was clogged and leaked into driver wheel well even with compressed air. Take out lower dash ac assembly as one unit and the lil connecter pipe from blower motor assembly to ac assembly behind the radio, and u can look into where the condenser is, the water just falls and the chamber is at an angle down to the drain hole. I got a shop vacuum, funnel and hald clear hose from hardware store. Attach hose to end of funnel and suction shop vac to funnel(the suction will seal that end so don't worry about needing to fasten it there. The I got down and ran the tube all around and sucked up the accumulated dirt and stuff til it was clean. Then reassemble, lastly I got a rubber hose extra from some old transmission line that was large ebough to fit over drain in engine bay. Hacked it down to the 90 degree bend and stuck it on the drain hole facing down, so water also won't blow back in while I drive. If u need picks PM me and I can text them to u .
    Hey thanks:) I'm planing on starting my project this sat. I'll pm you if I get stuck.
    Thanks again.

Bump!

Anybody that has had to remove the evaporator (8 gen. Galant) do you gotta remove the whole dash?

If so, do you just disconnect the battery so the air bags don't deploy?
    Thanks

Changed out dryer and expansion valve. Recharged

No good, low side is 30
    High side is 48

What's up?
    Thanks for any advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast