The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Odd Vibration Not sure what is causing it!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon11 Odd Vibration Not sure what is causing it!

OK So I looked at the other Vibrations issues on TGC none of them match what I am getting

Symptoms:

0-75MPH normal no issues at high speeds

Symptoms on occure when accelerating between 50+ I get this frontal vibration but once you let off the gas.. its smooth. I dont get it

The wheels has been rebalanced for high speed none are bent
    The Tires are new
    The brakes are new
    The Pads are new

Possible causes that I think that might be the culprit:

Front motor mount looks kinda dry (Going to replace it today)
    Bad "new" tires
    Suspension failure?

Excuse the noob part of this - The accordian looking boot for the wheel is torn...

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Oh I got a 2003 ES i4

How do I reset the PCM and how do you update it?

The accordion boots are for your CV joints (constant velocity) on your axles and if they are torn, depending on how long they've been like that, the joints are contaminated with road dirt and grime getting inside the joint with the grease and wearing the joints, possibly causing your symptoms. Unless you mean the slim long accordion boot that goes on your tie rods, but more than likely that wouldn't cause what you got going on. I'd have to see your car and ride along to verify any of that, but chances are that's what you got going on. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    The accordion boots are for your CV joints (constant velocity) on your axles and if they are torn, depending on how long they've been like that, the joints are contaminated with road dirt and grime getting inside the joint with the grease and wearing the joints, possibly causing your symptoms. Unless you mean the slim long accordion boot that goes on your tie rods, but more than likely that wouldn't cause what you got going on. I'd have to see your car and ride along to verify any of that, but chances are that's what you got going on. Hope this helps!
    its the CV boot. Its torn as of a month ago. How im not sure... I just looked at the front motor mount its done. So Im in the process on changing that

i would look at wheel bearings and ball joints

I used to have a vibration from 30-40 mph when accelerating, it was rater annoying, turned to to be bad axles. I replaced now its nice and smooth.

id check ur axles, i had the same issue

When my ball joints were bad my stering wheel stayed turned slightly to the left even when keeping straight. If they are the culprit..get fixed soon cause bad ones cause tire wear something terrible smh.