The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Walboro 400 Fuel pump?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Walboro 400 Fuel pump?

I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this pump and has used it on there car. I'm planning to go with this pump because I refuse to go double pump for other reasons, it's either stay with the 255 I have or go with either the 340 or the 400 pump. I was considering using the Aeromotive "stealth" any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Good pump when used with an A1000 regulator. Running that setup in a 1g with 500 wheel.

Just to ask, y would you need to go double pump? You gonna be pushing 500+? A wally 255 with 1200cc injectors would be fine. Hell a 255 with 680s and 28 psi on an FP3052 we made 426 awhp. Don't overkill the fuel setup
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Well the only reason I bought up the double pumper is because all my friends are using them in their evos and they were telling me in order to make the 5xx I would need a fuel system of that sort. I've been a bit hesitant and wanted to ditch the idea of the double pumper and going with a single 400 that I just found out about and it would be sufficie for my set up. I currently don't have a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator I was planning to keep it stock for unknown reasons. So with a single 255 on stock fuel pressure running 1000cc injectors I should be fine? I'm aiming for 550hp+ you think this would be enough on the 255?
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

A 255 will over run the stock regulator and won't be boost referencing meaning the fuel pressure won't raise 1 psi more for each psi of boost. You want a 255 and an aeromotive a1000 regulator. If those Evos are running double pumps the. They must be around 600+. Don't go by them. If you don't want to talk about your setup openly as to why you need that much fuel or your goals just shoot me a PM.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Remeber this is for a 8g with evo parts not the DSMs

You can keep the stock rail and FPR and be fine. Though just dropping the 255 without a tune WILL decrease power. Once you drop it in tune and you will be fine. The stock pump runs out of steam where the walbro has more pressure. So your injectors are getting more fuel and need a retune

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...regulator.html

Any FPR will be over run as the diaphragms inside them weren't designed to handle that much pressure. If that were the case walbro, aeromotive and fuel lab would be out of business.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Laidback8g View Post
    Well the only reason I bought up the double pumper is because all my friends are using them in their evos and they were telling me in order to make the 5xx I would need a fuel system of that sort. I've been a bit hesitant and wanted to ditch the idea of the double pumper and going with a single 400 that I just found out about and it would be sufficie for my set up. I currently don't have a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator I was planning to keep it stock for unknown reasons. So with a single 255 on stock fuel pressure running 1000cc injectors I should be fine? I'm aiming for 550hp+ you think this would be enough on the 255?
    What kinda fuel will u be running? Is your s259 a t3 with .70ar housing?

if you have an S259 run a wally 400 and aero regulator as that is my setup for a turbo a little bigger and I plan on 25 psi.

do you really think that you want that much power with the FWD is the question.
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 05-28-2012 at 11:06 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR